Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

if you're that kinda guy, yeah. It would be. But that type of thing is commonly known as insurance fraud... And just in case you're wondering, the "yay" was laden with sarcasm. I don't like dealing with short term insurers...

BTW - had to can the order of the Note thanks to this. Will have to see if the insurance offers the ability to nominate a different phone of equal value on claim, or if I will have to go the "I've already bought a new phone" route by getting a new contract and switching out the phone. 'Cos I need a phone, like ASAP.

Was just meant as a joke, hope you didn't take it personally.

It's just that I'm losing faith in humanity.

One of my colleagues apparently came up with an ingenious idea to make money, by taking out R50K funeral policies for his parents because a funeral only costs R5K so it's a great way to make money is what he told me.

And no I'm not making a joke!!

I asked him how it would affect his decision should he one day be in the position where his car breaks down needs repairs and his mom is in a car accident and it's his decision whether his mom's life support should be switched off???

He actually had to think about the answer, it's disgusting.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just meant as a joke, hope you didn't take it personally.

It's just that I'm losing faith in humanity.

One of my colleagues apparently came up with an ingenious idea to make money, by taking out R50K funeral policies for his parents because a funeral only costs R5K so it's a great way to make money is what he told me.

And no I'm not making a joke!!

I asked him how it would affect his decision should he one day be in the position where his car breaks down needs repairs and his mom is in a car accident and it's his decision whether his mom's life support should be switched off???

He actually had to think about the answer, it's disgusting.

fark dude, that is low...

Freaking hell.......that's pretty :thumbup:

Hope she brings you many happy miles

Thanks!

she mostly reminds me why I love my full suspension bikes... :ph34r: :lol:

but she has her moments of fun!

In the shop

1396023_10151622214716557_313033533_n.jpg

Upgraded the drive train to Saint 1x9. Brakes are changing to SLX/XTR hybrids and a Sektor 150mm is replacing the horrible RST on there.

1380717_10151622769941557_1562748336_n.jpg

Upgrades almost done.

Fork will be here in 4 days or so.

In the shop

1396023_10151622214716557_313033533_n.jpg

Upgraded the drive train to Saint 1x9. Brakes are changing to SLX/XTR hybrids and a Sektor 150mm is replacing the horrible RST on there.

1380717_10151622769941557_1562748336_n.jpg

Upgrades almost done.

Fork will be here in 4 days or so.

Looks nice.

What do you mean by hybrid brakes?

fark dude, that is low...

It can get more macabre..

A certain member of my in-law family has taken out life insurance of millions of rands on his siblings because he believes that they will die soon.

It can get more macabre..

A certain member of my in-law family has taken out life insurance of millions of rands on his siblings because he believes that they will die soon.

That's a good investment strategy though. But to do it on funeral cover and having to THINK about whether to pull the plug or not!? That's fkd up.

Oh - If I could insure my dad I would. I know that from a cashflow perspective I'd need it as my mom would come and live with us, and there's no current way to pay off all their debt.

But - we're generally prevented from doing that if they're sick. In my dad's case, no insurer would touch him as he's had multiple strokes, a triple bypass and a burst stomach ulcer. All in the past 4 years.