Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I said crown, not arch

Just looked at the pictures again - at full compression it seems the arch could run in front of the crown. So where a 26" wheel might not allow the tyre to touch the crown, a 650B might - therefore the need for the spacer...

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys and lady ... please just be happy for me that I have finally found a fork :)

Of course we're happy - and fascinated...

Only read good things about this fork btw :thumbup: .

Edited by Ryanpmb

Is it not to do with maintaining the head tube angle, although this would be a small margin...

Running a 650B would affect the head tube angle - to bring it back to a similar angle as when running 26" you'd need to run a little less travel - thus the ability to space the travel...

Just a theory?...

Woudl only affect the HA if you're running 650b front & 26 rear...

Come now, Ryan. You're slipping! :P

Come on guys and lady ... please just be happy for me that I have finally found a fork :)

I am VERY happy for you Hairy....I am currently looking at buying one too and I cant seem to find one suitable for my new project. (I am also trying to see if I can stay with in budget for this one, but it already doesnt look like it is going to happen)

I am VERY happy for you Hairy....I am currently looking at buying one too and I cant seem to find one suitable for my new project. (I am also trying to see if I can stay with in budget for this one, but it already doesnt look like it is going to happen)

Miss Earth ... drop me a PM ... Actions cycles did an amazing deal for me and the distributors are in CT....I actually chatted to them before making the final call...good and very experienced wrench/rider/person on the other end of the telephone line... . Which one in the range are you looking for?

Miss Earth ... drop me a PM ... Actions cycles did an amazing deal for me and the distributors are in CT....I actually chatted to them before making the final call...good and very experienced wrench/rider/person on the other end of the telephone line... . Which one in the range are you looking for?

Yeah, I bought my Intense's Revelation (RTC3 150mm) from them, thought I had great service untill I realised in July that it was actually a 140mm which they then said they made a 150mm (this was not part of the pre-sale comunications though). I emailed them and said I also measure 149mm on the sanctions (no load) and from there they put me on a path to contact the RS people in Pretoria.........and after a bit more of a story....nothing has been done regarding it....

I wan't a fork for my SS - I will use this bike from time to time for DJ-ing too.

(Maybe I should buy an older model Revelation and learn how to do the spacer thing so I can change it myself from 150mm to 120mm or so to test the differences on that bike)

Yeah, I bought my Intense's Revelation (RTC3 150mm) from them, thought I had great service untill I realised in July that it was actually a 140mm which they then said they made a 150mm (this was not part of the pre-sale comunications though). I emailed them and said I also measure 149mm on the sanctions (no load) and from there they put me on a path to contact the RS people in Pretoria.........and after a bit more of a story....nothing has been done regarding it....

I wan't a fork for my SS - I will use this bike from time to time for DJ-ing too.

(Maybe I should buy an older model Revelation and learn how to do the spacer thing so I can change it myself from 150mm to 120mm or so to test the differences on that bike)

149 mm on the stanchions ?

That is a 150 mm. travel fork.

149 mm on the stanchions ?

That is a 150 mm. travel fork.

As far as I have been told (even by them) that it should measure around 155mm...

As far as I have been told (even by them) that it should measure around 155mm...

Increase your air pressure as then measure.