GAH! What a week!!!

AAAAAAARGH! FK! Just wanna donner somebody!

So this week started off rather innocuously, witha couple of cancelled meetings and a few crap bits of info. Come Thursday, i had to put my 4 1/2 year old cat down due to respiratory failure and other nasty things. Yesterday, my phone (HTC Sensation) and my wife's ipod nano were stolen out of our house, when some limpet decided to force his / her way through the burglar bars to get them whilst they were charging on the kitchen counter (2m away from said window)

Yesterday on the way to a meeting, my right rear tyre blew out. Fanfkingtastic. Then my 4pm meeting decided not to show, at her selected meeting spot, at her workplace, and this morning my wife's RC 3000 was stolen from the house. Cut through the 12mm braided steel cable that was locking the bikes up. My XC steed has no wheels at the moment (lent them to a mate) so they couldn't take that and my DH bike is so damn heavy that they probably wouldn't have been able to bench press the thing, let alone get it off the hooks that holds the bikes up.

I reckon it was the same okes who stole the tech stuff y/day, as the bikes are under our carport, and we're the last unit in the complex of 5, where the carports are all walled off and run parallel to the road. The leccie fence was ruined on top of the gate (wire cut at the bridge point between wall & gate) and they used a neighbour's wheelie bin to boost their way outta here.

On inspection, our neighbour's security gate was wide open, and the door handle depressed. Thank goodness for deadlocks and ill prepared pieces of sh*t.

GAH! Am I glad to be rid of this week!!!

Jammer man, kom ons hoop die naweek gaan beter

Ja, ek stem saam. Die fkn slente moet leer, man. As dit weer gebeur, sal hulle nie so gelukkig wees nie.

EDIT: Dankie Riaan. Dis sleg om te dink dat ons en ons dinges is nie veilig nie

Edited by cptmayhem

I'm a sharks fan....

Explains a lot.

Sad thing is the f'krs probably going to get R50-R400 (at most) for your stuff.

If they worked half a day they would earn much more than they could ever steal on a day, with lot less effort and drama... but the f'krs are so stupid, lazy and skelm that they probably dont even realize it.

Share your sentiments on the week mayhem, started off with a business trip to jhb, crashed harddrive, data recovery issues and deadlines set in stone..(Haven't been robbed...yet..)

Hope your weekend makes up for it...

Explains a lot.

Sad thing is the f'krs probably going to get R50-R400 (at most) for your stuff.

If they worked half a day they would earn much more than they could ever steal on a day, with lot less effort and drama... but the f'krs are so stupid, lazy and skelm that they probably dont even realize it.

ROFL. And that means?

Agreed on the theft side of things, bud. The bike will probably fetch R 50 - R 100 or so, 'cos that's the "value" on the street at the moment. The phone & iPod will probably fetch quite a bit more than that, 'cos it's viewed as a luxury item, and looks lekker bling to boot. I mean, who doesn't like a 4.3" screened dual core powered beauty like that?

Just feels ***, is all. Plus my better half doesn't feel safe at the moment 'cos of it. Grates my carrot. Don't fk with the familia / friends. I'll do it straight back.

And as for the value of theft vs the proceeds of work, it's pure laziness and entitlement issues. Damn, put an ad in the paper, phone up garden companies, painters (Builders Whorehouse for contracting work) and other places. Nothing wrong with tending a garden for R 200 per day. Heck, it'd take care of the hunger issues, and then there's the sense of having achieved something.

But I suppose that's where the different moral value systems originate from, isn't it? Burglary has turned into a profession (always has been, actually) and has that sense of achievement when selling stuff from a heist. When I was reporting the cellphone theft y/day arvie at the local po po station, this oke (couldn't have been any older than me) walks in with his 7 or 8 year old son. Says to the duty officer (with his son on the stool next to him) "Officer, I need to lay a charge against my son. He needs to know that stealing is wrong. Every week he steals from me. Last week it was R 500, this week R 700 was taken from my wallet"

Was lekker to see that the father was being stern, but fair. And it was lekker to see the police actually going through with the charade, 'cos at that age that's what it is. An example. And how does that start? The kid believing that he needs to take stuff to be able to be one of the "manne" 'cos dad isn't buying stuff and kids are ragging him for it, or does he want to show them how "monied" he is? I dunno... Either way, a sense (or belief) of entitlement, that because it's there I CAN TAKE IT.

Disgusts me.

Edited by cptmayhem

I'm a sharks fan, V. So I celebrated last week and will again this evening!

Wearing the shirt bud.....with pride :clap:

Sorry about the invasions of privacy and the loss. Hope the insurance burglars don't make the situation harder :thumbdown:

Edited by DaLoCo

That's rough, man.

Eish! :eek:

Hope the Sharkies do not get rolled over by the impotent Leeutjies - that should top it off.

Hi Mayhem, check your mail re. a possible cure for the grumpies that have plagued you this week. (No, it's not a drug.)