2012 94.7

Agteros

if you finish before 8:30 the weather is normally not bad.

when trying to take a nap on my couch at home at 10:30 it is normally a bit hot.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you finish before 8:30 the weather is normally not bad.

when trying to take a nap on my couch at home at 10:30 it is normally a bit hot.

Yes Spider-Man.. but not everybody can start at 5:30 (or earlier) ;) can they?

post-1372-0-04026300-1352401137_thumb.png

And don't forget the GOLF BALL sized hail stones...

http://www.iol.co.za/polopoly_fs/edenvale-hail-1.1407783!/image/2005812191.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_300/2005812191.jpg

I remember a few years back [19 November 2006], when the rain was caning it down on the section past the zoo (the steepest descent in the race).

Fogged up glasses with rain obscuring my vision...

Hair raising stuff...

that year...??

Did a bit of a reconnaissance drive on that new section by Killarney mall up to Joe Slovo yesterday.

Eish! Looks like a bit of pain will be dished out there. K@k uphill past St. Johns...

Easy! They should try the route up Munro Drive sometime.

Just about every year there has been rain right up until the night before.

But the wind this year has given me great strength training out here in doosberg

Anyone know the deal with doing a double? I assume if you get round the course before the last batch goes then you can join in with them. Do you miss / avoid the timing mats on the 2nd round so as not to get k*k? ie Cannot have 2 sets of results, anyone done this and is it worth the effort, I know the Choc cows do it but that is all arranged up front - Cheers

Anyone know the deal with doing a double? I assume if you get round the course before the last batch goes then you can join in with them. Do you miss / avoid the timing mats on the 2nd round so as not to get k*k? ie Cannot have 2 sets of results, anyone done this and is it worth the effort, I know the Choc cows do it but that is all arranged up front - Cheers

We're just missing the start area (going around via witkoppen / bowling / western service road) - then just jump on before they get onto the M2.

We're just missing the start area (going around via witkoppen / bowling / western service road) - then just jump on before they get onto the M2.

Shot

I remember a few years back [19 November 2006], when the rain was caning it down on the section past the zoo (the steepest descent in the race).

Fogged up glasses with rain obscuring my vision...

Hair raising stuff...

that year...??

Yes, sounds right.

It was so wet my brakes decided not to work.... and my average was 40 at that stadium, so I just sat up, not wanting to risk a wipeout.

30 minutes later the sun came out and I died from the heat :D

yes racetec

Thanks, any idea if I can get one at the venue, mix up happened and mine is in Vereeniging this weekend.... Can I use someone else's chip who'll just be doing the road race next week?

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

Thanks, any idea if I can get one at the venue, mix up happened and mine is in Vereeniging this weekend.... Can I use someone else's chip who'll just be doing the road race next week?

You cannot swap chips.

Yes, sounds right.

It was so wet my brakes decided not to work.... and my average was 40 at that stadium, so I just sat up, not wanting to risk a wipeout.

30 minutes later the sun came out and I died from the heat biggrin.png

Typical 94.7 weather that