Cyclist killed in front of his Son.

Big H*

Race, etc aside: What gets me is the degree of violence. Crime victims lose their lives for small valued items, sometimes the robbers flee empty handed.

A 29yr old Pretoria women lost her life earlier in the week when robbers shot her whilst she was getting out of her car at her parents' home and they fled empty handed. 2nd attempted robbery on their farm. Very sad.

The issue with these "bad ass" criminals, is that they think they have the guts to pull it off until the trigger is pulled. It is misinformed people, who fall to crime, not knowing what they are letting them in for or actually realizing the consequences of their actions.

To sort this out, a couple of factors have to be looked at ASAP:

1. A proper education for the youth

2. A proper penalty for crime

Otherwise we will always have a bunch of stupid fools running around and committing crimes, as they do not know better.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of the people saying this is not racially motivated, take your eyes out of your saddle bag!

So they killed because they are black or they killed because their victim was white?

Or both?

So they killed because they are black or they killed because their victim was white?

Or both?

There is actually no correct answer to that question, so for the sake of not wanting to start a **** storm, I will abstain...

Very thought provoking question nonetheless...

Dracs and others ,I think you or someone has asked this question before, and the answer was Yes.

OK then nothing to debate - I'm not out to change anyone's opinions. The next statement is not for you then Dangle....

Simple fact (not opinion) black people are by FAR the biggest victims of crime in SA. Yes its also a fact that black people are by far the biggest perpetrators of crime in SA. Middel income black people with as much to lose as you and I are (from my personal interactions) as outraged by crime as the rest of us. i would agree it is likely that for those with nothing to lose other issues may be higher on their agenda.

Tumblewead posted this earlier. http://www.mrc.ac.za..._review_ch7.pdf Figuers seem a little dated and the writer acknowledges some issues with the stats - but seems to suggest likely that if anyhting the stats for white murders are under - not overstated - and what it tells us is if you are white you are almost half as likely to be a victim than if you are black...

So, clearly however shocking (and however many social issues we have in SA), genocide is not one of them - and dumbing down any debate to that level does not help anything or anyone.

Edited by dracs

Why the hell can they not bring the death penalty back?

The ANC obviously doesnt value the innocent lives so why value the life of murderous savages?

I seriously think this could make a huge difference. At least it will ensure that while robbing the okes will go out of their way not to kill......

At present they just dont give a **** cause the system is broken and worst case scenario they go to jail and eat for free until the Pielkop's next birthday and then gets released.........

The issue with these "bad ass" criminals, is that they think they have the guts to pull it off until the trigger is pulled. It is misinformed people, who fall to crime, not knowing what they are letting them in for or actually realizing the consequences of their actions.

To sort this out, a couple of factors have to be looked at ASAP:

1. A proper education for the youth

2. A proper penalty for crime

Otherwise we will always have a bunch of stupid fools running around and committing crimes, as they do not know better.

Yip.

And in every society there is are a few bad azzes.

Most want to live in peace, work hard for their rewards and build their homes and communities.

South Africa, on the other hand, is not like any other society.

It has an absolutely abnormal past filled with centuries of horror and a present state built on too little reconciliation efforts and steep infrastructural challenges to rebuild a damaged nationhood.

Love this place however.

But resilience to stay is required.

Edited by Puncheur

The ANC obviously doesnt value the innocent lives so why value the life of murderous savages?

Every vote counts...

Thought for the day-"In order order to understand any situation you need to be in one"-alot of people talk about apartheid like expects. a lot talk about affirmative action like they designed it. whether you are for or against,you expirienced crime against you or your family. put your self in shoes of someone who lost a father at the age of 10. what would you like to teach him? that hate all blacks couze one killled your father or trust in the Lord as he is the giver of life?and no matter what anyone says or does it's how you react and what you become that makes another 10year old without a father want to become like.black or white there are 10year olds alike and they all grow up to be men like us immagine if all black 10 year olds in 1980 who lost their parents or family because of apartheid where to fataly hate the opressor,they would be 32 year olds murder weapons ruling our country. this is what hate does it destroys passion builds,let's all be passionate about our country and fight the real enermy "crime"