Garmin 500 bar mount

Spinnekop

So there are a couple of models coming out in the near future......

• Garmin/Qaurq makes a decent looking one that will be flush with the top part of the bar. Availible in Sept/Oct from what I can gather.
  • Competitve Cyclist in the US makes one called the Barfly. Very nice but it sticks out above the handlebar
  • Gents from RacewareDirect makes one (Constantly out of stock due to high demand) That sits flush with the bars. Looks nice but hard to get one
  • K-Edge will be bringing an aluminium one out in a few weeks / days that looks pretty decent.
  • Various home made stuff from guys that took initiative.

My question is this:

Surely there is a market for something like this in SA and maybe some local company can take initiative to manufacture something? Could be a nice income generator on the side?

post-25-0-43877900-1339063362.jpg

post-25-0-61083000-1339063379.jpg

post-25-0-70048800-1339063388.jpg

post-25-0-30851900-1339063404.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it make you go faster? How much does it weight? Does it come in carbon/ti? is it aero?

And then there's the 3T Integra stem.

Which, although the others are quite cool, destroys them in looks, but not budget. :thumbdown:

post-26212-0-01475100-1339068032.jpg

post-26212-0-68790400-1339068073.jpg

post-26212-0-85489500-1339068127.jpg

Edited by Zac.A

what is wrong with the std one ?

its neat, fits the stem and is out of harms way . these stick out and my luck i will get it bust off .

dont like them.

I forgot about the 3T.........don't think I like the look.

Iron.

The std one clutters. I want my light on there as well.......with flat bars....not happening on the stem....

what is wrong with the std one ?

its neat, fits the stem and is out of harms way . these stick out and my luck i will get it bust off .

dont like them.

The plastic tabs under the 500 that lock onto the mount are notorius for breaking off which results in a warranty claim and getting a new one from Garmin. All good and well if you notice is falling off but I know a couple of guys who have lost them on an MTB race only to notice some time later. YOu can't claim on something you no longer have. Mine broke off while riding my MTB on the road. Luckily I saw it and went back for it.

So anyone of these mount sthat secure the 500 without relying on the mounting tabs only is a good thing to protect an investment worth a few thousand rand.

Edited by sometime

The plastic tabs under the 500 that lock onto the mount are notorius for breaking off which results in a warranty claim and getting a new one from Garmin. All good and well if you notice is falling off but I know a couple of guys who have lost them on an MTB race only to notice some time later. YOu can't claim on something you no longer have. Mine broke off while riding my MTB on the road. Luckily I saw it and went back for it.

So anyone of these mount sthat secure the 500 without relying on the mounting tabs only is a good thing to protect an investment worth a few thousand rand.

ooh , thanks for the heads up.

gonna plak mine in with prestic too just to be safe .

My old 500 is lying somewhere next to the road on Stage 1 of the 2011 Kremetart

how do you fit them on a wing bar?

They all look like need to slide on from the outside...

I suppose you don't.

During the cobbled races, PROs would use masking tape to secure their SRMs.

I spent all day researching these yesterday...are you stalking my browser Spiderman?

That Tillquist one looks like art... sadly i took the initiative to have some k-edge chainwatchers machined and nobody wants them.

If we get some prototypes made and a decent drawing I can have the machining done.

Look at Tillquist Prototype, mounts inline with the stem faceplate bolts. Perfect for wing bars

Look at Tillquist Prototype, mounts inline with the stem faceplate bolts. Perfect for wing bars

I'll take one if you can get them!