Garmin 500 bar mount

Spinnekop

I might use cling film from now on, I have green tie things from a hardware store but not sure how useful they will be I next bail (me and muddy downhills don't mix)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Tillquist Prototype, mounts inline with the stem faceplate bolts. Perfect for wing bars

Look where he is with prototype 3

(I think its specific to the 3T stem though...)

post-615-0-26810800-1339573515.jpg

post-615-0-14231900-1339573517.jpg

Edited by splat

If we get some prototypes made and a decent drawing I can have the machining done.

Well....you have a buyer right here. Pay in advance if I must!

Let me know!!!

I forgot about the 3T.........don't think I like the look.

Iron.

The std one clutters. I want my light on there as well.......with flat bars....not happening on the stem....

And the std one dont go well with narrowish riser bars...at least some of those other options allow you to mount it close to the centre

What about mounting it on the stem itself?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm going blind or stupid but don't all those designs reply on the plastic tabs under the 500 anyway?

It seems clingwrap is your best friend when it comes to 500 retention!

But you can't move your unit out in front of your bars with clingwrap, can you? And clingwrap doesn't cost 50 US Dollars...

Me - I like my 500 on the stem. I run a Boonen style long stem so having it at the end of that makes it difficult to see.

Of couorse it could be my failing eyesight rather than the distance but same result!

I'll let you know how the barfly works on the road - having one sponsored but only getting it near spring :D

I dont understand why the need for another mount.... whats wrong with the standard garmin mount on the bars or stem?

Does computer fall off the garmin mount or what? I've got one but still prefer my polar tbh so have not used the E500 much other than on a few occasions to compare stuff.

Those others are nice in that they move the computer out of the sweat drop zone.

I agree that the std one should be fine. I can see how the wing clips would break off but it can surely only occur if the rubber band used were too tight, if you use the appropriately sized rubber bands there should be no problem. However if you want more bling logic is not going to change your mind.

Well....you have a buyer right here. Pay in advance if I must!

Let me know!!!

2nd Buyer Here, Pay in Advance too!

If we get some prototypes made and a decent drawing I can have the machining done.

So.....do we have a timeline on this? :ph34r: :whistling:

In the plastic injection molding industry so can get these made up.

Generally, which design works better?

A single clamp on the handle bar or one that attaches to the stem bolts?

Do you want the computer flat with the stem or a bit higher? (Bit of a retarded moment as you can just adjust the angle that it attaches onto the handle bars.)

Edited by Let's Ride