Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

What I'd like to know is why did Froome suddenly "attack" like that, seems a bit strange?

If he is supposed to a riding for Wiggins surely he would not try something like that when there was no need to?

Was it Froome's way of showing the cycling world that he thinks he could ride away from everyone including Wiggins?

Or

Was it an attempt to try increase the gap between Froome and the other non sky podium contenders which had to be aborted because it resulted in the podium contender group dropping Wiggins?

Either way It looks like the first option was achieved...hehe

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to know is why did Froome suddenly "attacked" like that, seems a bit strange?

If he is supposed to a riding for Wiggins surely he would not try something like that when there was no need to?

Was it Froome's way of showing the cycling world that he thinks he could ride away from everyone including Wiggins, even though ?

Or

Was it an attempt to try increase the gap between Froome and the other non sky podium contenders which had to be aborted because it resulted in the podium contender group dropping Wiggins?

With Evans dropping back, I saw it as an opportunity for Froome to put time into the Aussie, and move up GC and cement Sky's much-talked about Plan B. I don't think it was showy. From the posts of peeps that know him, that's not his nature.

What I'd like to know is why did Froome suddenly "attack" like that, seems a bit strange?

I think it's simply cause he's a fantastic climber, enjoying the best form of his life so far, and that's what climbers do. Go hard uphill. It's like a Contador, or Roland, if the road goes up, and they have good legs, their instinct takes over.

What I'd like to know is why did Froome suddenly "attacked" like that, seems a bit strange?

Was it Froome's way of showing the cycling world that he thinks he could ride away from everyone including Wiggins, even though ?

Or

Or maybe he thought Wiggo would / could go with him. As Wiggo "admitted", he was pre-occupied (yeah, right!?) and missed Froomies move. Probably why Froomie got called back and had a earnest chat to Team Management on his radio. I still think they told him to drag Wiggo in sight of the line, and then he is free to go play as he wants.

edit : typo

Edited by Wannabe

I think it's simply cause he's a fantastic climber, enjoying the best form of his life so far, and that's what climbers do. Go hard uphill. It's like a Contador, or Roland, if the road goes up, and they have good legs, their instinct takes over.

Yeah, it did look like 'racing instinct' because he just flew off... ready to dent minutes into his GC standing.

Without race radios, e.g., he could not have been called back.

It would have made for super racing and some seriaaaaous pillow fights in the Sky bus afterwards.

:w00t:

Edited by ' Dale

Today's intermediate sprint is gonna be a hot one, I think.

I think the top end of the GC ladder is gonna chill this stage out and recover.

Then again... Evans might feel like Superman today and fight for his title.

With Evans dropping back, I saw it as an opportunity for Froome to put time into the Aussie, and move up GC and cement Sky's much-talked about Plan B. I don't think it was showy. From the posts of peeps that know him, that's not his nature.

Exactly, it was extremly showy or maybe a better term would be impressive.

You mean like he had a rush of blood down to his calves and as a result his brain couldn't function?

Unlikely imo

Then best he take that Kryptonite out of his jersey pocket. What he really needs is for Wiggins, Froome or Nibali to step on his dog.

Anybody mention that Remy Di Gregorio has been suspended from Cofidis. He was arrested on possession of banned substances. Two other non-riders have also been detained. The one is a naturopath who has admitted to injecting Di Grigorio with ozone and on a previous occasion injecting him with intravenous glucose. Di Gregrio has stated that he has not done anything wrong and can look at himself in mirror.

If he does manage to put some time into the other guys (based on his performance yesterday) I would seriously recommend they go look for the blood transfusion bags / hypodermic needles in his Hotel dumpster. He looked under serious pressure yesterday. I think he'll just hang on for as far as he can, trying to minimise more time loss.

Pity really, as I like Cuddles, and would like for him to put up a decent defence of his TDF title and not hand it to Wiggens / Sky on a plate.

Just cannot see it happen.

Then best he take that Kryptonite out of his jersey pocket. What he really needs is for Wiggins, Froome or Nibali to step on his dog.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah.

Can you imagine the inner conflict Froome must be going through. I'm sure he believes he has the form to Win but his loyalty and duty to the captain override his desire to win. It must be chewing him up inside. The oppurtunity to win the tour doesn't come along every day. What would you do in his shoes?

Can you imagine the inner conflict Froome must be going through. I'm sure he believes he has the form to Win but his loyalty and duty to the captain override his desire to win. It must be chewing him up inside. The oppurtunity to win the tour doesn't come along every day. What would you do in his shoes?

Get on with the job!

I'm not exactly an Evans fan but i have to give him credit for his effort yesterday. I think that added to the pressure Wiggens was under in the final few km's. He definitely wasn't comfortable.

Evans might be out of contention now but i hope he doesn't give up and keep on trying. Also hope that Nibali isn't content with his placing at the moment and that he will continue attacking Wiggens.

If Wiggens happens to crack somewhere along the line i would like to see what calls Sky make...

Reading that report Nathrix posted so interesting to say the least. Huge respect to Mr Froome that he would have obeyed team orders to halt his attack and get back to help. Part of being a team, even if it means supporting one guy. I reckon alot of team managers would give more credit to that, than actually going against team orders and winning (the stage) or maybe the race.