Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Anybody mention that Remy Di Gregorio has been suspended from Cofidis. He was arrested on possession of banned substances. Two other non-riders have also been detained. The one is a naturopath who has admitted to injecting Di Grigorio with ozone and on a previous occasion injecting him with intravenous glucose. Di Gregrio has stated that he has not done anything wrong and can look at himself in mirror.

Arrest is for possesing the equipment which is illegeal in France and nothing to do with what he was injecting.

read more here: http://inrng.com/2012/07/tour-shorts/

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly an Evans fan but i have to give him credit for his effort yesterday. I think that added to the pressure Wiggens was under in the final few km's. He definitely wasn't comfortable.

Evans might be out of contention now but i hope he doesn't give up and keep on trying. Also hope that Nibali isn't content with his placing at the moment and that he will continue attacking Wiggens.

If Wiggens happens to crack somewhere along the line i would like to see what calls Sky make...

I think yesterday was the first micro-crack.

Wiggins have been at the peak or close to his peak for several months now.

Gonna be interesting to see if he breaks conventional 'peaking' methods or whether week 3 will crack him.

Edited by ' Dale

Only because i can run faster then the old, ex-fat man.

Bet you he has more Iromans and Comrades' behind him than you!

So guys, I now have no doubt that Froome is the best rider of the Sky squad this tour. However, apart from a storming performance in the final time trial, is there any way the team would allow him to beat Wiggins?

Had he not been told to hold back on the final climb yesterday, I recon he could have pulled at least 30-40 seconds on Wiggins.

What we really need is Froome to unplug his earphone and join a breakaway in the mountains :whistling:

What we really need is Froome to unplug his earphone and join a breakaway in the mountains :whistling:

As great as that will be, it will mean the end of his career at SKY, and he will lose out on a lot, as he can benefit a lot as a rider on Team Sky.

So guys, I now have no doubt that Froome is the best rider of the Sky squad this tour. However, apart from a storming performance in the final time trial, is there any way the team would allow him to beat Wiggins?

Had he not been told to hold back on the final climb yesterday, I recon he could have pulled at least 30-40 seconds on Wiggins.

My take on yesterday is a bit different. I think Wiggens played it perfectly. He didn't have to burn any of the matches in his box as yet, even after Nibali attacked. He never seemed to be in any difficulty and I suspect that he ok'ed the move by Froome to simply shake up the others and to lift the tempo a bit. It worked as that really let him get time on Cuddles in the end as Cuddles were the big loser on that move.

He will use Froome again and again for as long as Froome is able to. I would be very surprised if Froome has anyting left in the tank come the final TT.

Unplug race radio = failure to meet contractual obligations = "you're fired" = lost credibility in the PRO peloton = :thumbdown:

Edited by ' Dale

What's happening there guys?

Up second Cat 1 climb.

Small breakaway.

GC contenders chilling in main bunch.

Bet you he has more Iromans and Comrades' behind him than you!

Probably, thing is that I am young enough to still have them in front of me and sure i can also Iro better than him.

Unplug race radio = failure to meet contractual obligations = "you're fired" = lost credibility in the PRO peloton = :thumbdown:

then wiggie should be on the chopping block for "losing" his earplug/race radio yesterday or is he perhaps on a different contract?

I'm not exactly an Evans fan but i have to give him credit for his effort yesterday. I think that added to the pressure Wiggens was under in the final few km's. He definitely wasn't comfortable.

Evans might be out of contention now but i hope he doesn't give up and keep on trying. Also hope that Nibali isn't content with his placing at the moment and that he will continue attacking Wiggens.

If Wiggens happens to crack somewhere along the line i would like to see what calls Sky make...

Indeed, but I think Nibali is pretty much going to look after third right now and see how things shape up. If there is some weakness in Wiggo or Froome in the Pyrenees I think he will try and capitalise on it otherwise I think he will just protect his position, he really cant TT like either of them and with the TT at the end he will be hard pressed to pass them.

Lots of talk about Wiggo in trouble or suffering, but I thought he looked fine, he is not an explosive climber like some of the others and prefers to maintain his pace, which, with a 2 min plus advantage and an almost certain time gain in the TT should be enough, I think he is still the guy to beat.

had a look see at the 2006 tour.

stage 16:

This was a mountain stage with four categorized climbs: the Col du Galibier (Hors categorie) with a 4.5% ascent over 42.8 km, the Col de la Croix-de-Fer (Hors categorie) with a 6.9% ascent over 22.7 km, the Col du Mollard (Category 2) with a 6.8% ascent over 5.8 km, and La Toussuire (Category 1) with an ascent of 6% over 18.4 km. It began at Bourg-d'Oisans and ended at La Toussuire.

floyd landis had a mare on the final climb, and lost 8 minutes whilst riding in the mellow johny. he was 23rd in the GC that night.

then he had some 'whiskey' that night and put on a 120km solo breakaway to pull back 7 minutes on perreiro who was in yellow now.

now fast forward to 2012:

stage 11 which does a similar course, but swaps the galibier for the col de madeleine and also finished on La Toussuire. Cadel evans cocks it up and 'throws away his yellow jersey chances'.

now if only he could find the same whiskey bar in La Toussuire .

for the record cadel evans was in 4th - 1:56 behind the winner, chickenlegs himself. Bradley wiggins was 33 minutes back on the day!

What's happening there guys?

Are you referring to the Comrades doping issue wannabee.?

I see his second test also came out positive so I guess they will be calling him in soon to hear his side of the story but I think he is about to be disqualified.

to everyone bitching about how it sucks for froome.

Remember this.

1) his job is to work for wiggo. Thats what he gets paid for. If he doesnt like it, go find another job

2) wiggo has FAR FAR FAR more results and accolades than froome. froome has been international pro for barely 2 years now. You dont barge onto the scene and demand to win the first TDF you ride in. thats not how things work