Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I really hope they don't try and put Froome up for this years Vuelta? Anybody know the plans?

To expect him to go and ride against a fresh Conto after a tour like this within 2 months will just not be right.

They should let him maybe focus on the Giro for next year...he will love those steep climbs!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end it does not really matter to Sky,they win the tour and even better they have a first and second on GC.

Something that has not happened for many years!!

I disagree with you here.

I think Sky want Wiggins to win and only Wiggins unless he falls or something similar.

I recon Sky will tell Froome to slow down on the TT if he starts to threaten Wiggins.

They've pull his brakes the whole tour so I doubt they's stop now.

I disagree with you here.

I think Sky want Wiggins to win and only Wiggins unless he falls or something similar.

I recon Sky will tell Froome to slow down on the TT if he starts to threaten Wiggins.

They've pull his brakes the whole tour so I doubt they's stop now.

Agree with you there. Unless something disastrous happens to Wiggens, he'll have the No. 1 on his back next year.

Agree with you there. Unless something disastrous happens to Wiggens, he'll have the No. 1 on his back next year.

And with Contador and the Schleck's back again with Spartacus to help for three weeks, he'll pop out the back like Cuddles did this year.... Might be the best tour EVER!!

I rate Froome should ride the TT without a radio.

you know, to help with weight or aero concerns ;)

Ja, sorry boss. Didnt hear you there. Brad did what, fell off his bike. Aah, shame.

This tour missed Contador and Andy. Say what you want about Andy, but atleast he tries to attack. Evans and Nibali just hasnt been in the same league as Froome and Wiggins. Next years tour could be the most exciting one ever! Froome vs Contador vs Andy. I Don't think Wiggins will be able to beat Contador and Andy in the mountains next year, so Sky will have to let Froome go for it.

I couldn't agree more.

Hilarious... Gotta love the random Wiggo beating.

I think the 'wry smile' that seems to have wound everyone up was either, the fact he realised after all the effort, planning and training that he's actually won the tour and / or that he'd put time into Nibs.

The reports have shown that Wiggins wanted Froome to go for the stage and Yates throttled him back. It's the over all picture for the DS and nothing else... but obviously he a pom, so it's all his fault.

How's that chip sitting? And I thought we loved to hate them!

The Problem is yesterday Froome did not look like a 100% team man that he maybe is because it must have frustrated him big time. Accelerating like that time after time and looking back and showing your "boss" to get a move on has left a bad impression. Many of the big names in cycling is now saying it's not the way to do it....sit there and set a pace that Wiggins can keep and do your job and hope you still win the stage or go full gas because they gave you the go ahead.

Or some might interpret it as that's exactly what you need to be as a team leader. Of course Chris is frustrated, and he showed there that his not going to pussy foot and tip-toeing around Wiggins. Pulling his earpiece out, saying **** you and throwing down the gauntlet would've been wrong. But I think he showed them very subtly that they will have to consider his feelings as well, if they don't want to lose him. Money isn't everything, so **** Sky! Winning isn't everything. Recognition and being allowed to test the limits of your own abilities counts for a lot. Sooner rather than later Froome will want to test himself against the best. He will want to establish how good he can be! And if Sky won't let him seek those answers, it's better if he leaves now. Im sure Sky will keep him, and his subtle hints yesterday (deliberate or not) certainly won't go unnoticed.

Interesting view of Wiggins by the French (article):

"Anglo-Saxon teams like Sky are more organised. They are more pro," says Yves Blanc, editor of Le Cycle magazine.

"Every member has a clear job to do, serving the leader, and there's no room for poetry.

"So, yes we have lost something of the romance of the Tour. For the French the history of the Tour is about people who attack, who fail, who overcome disaster to win in the fog or the rain.

"It's not like that any more - but that's not Wiggins's fault. It's the times we live in."

James Startt agrees that "what might be brilliant for Team Sky is not necessarily brilliant for spectators". But on the other hand, he adds, "you have to hand it to Team Sky for dominating the race so effectively".

Edited by hellocolour

In the end it does not really matter to Sky,they win the tour and even better they have a first and second on GC.

Something that has not happened for many years!!

1996 when Jan Ullrich sat behind Bjarne Riis. Then in 1997 he jumped him when Riis couldn't hold the wheel, and that was that. And Eric Zabel took Green. Total Domination by Telekom. ut even with this only 2nd in team classification.

2009 AC and 3rd for the Texan. I seem to remember AC being lambasted for not letting old doper get closer to him. A bit like Wiggins now?

And of course 2 and 3 for the Schlecks last year.