Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Nibali tried yesterday

Here's the thing. You don't get a race winning gap by attacking on the downhills.

What is wrong with these morons? Evans didn't win the race with the handful of seconds he gained that way last year. He won it in the TT, and the fact that no-one attacked him hard enough uphil.

Nibali's an arsehole. He's got a giant mouth, but is too terrified to risk it all. Where's someone gonna stand up an say, bugger it, I'm not racing for second place, and risk everything?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in two minds about Tommy winning. Remember his bottle-throwing incident on the Alpe d'Huez - I see a certain hubber and Lance fan conquered that climb yesterday - stage last year? But, yeah, it seemed the other at the front were more interested in marking him than anything else. So big ups to him.

Why were Shack riders seen on the front of the chase when Jens was up there? I didn't get that.

Cuddles played a funny game. Throwing down attacks even at the death.

Yeah, remember the bottle incident, he also used some choice language if I remember, but he has a certain air of likability around him which hides a few sins. :D

I think Cuddles will have to do a lot more than try a few sprints as he has been doing up to now if he hopes to win, I am not sure Wiggins will be too scared of that.

Sky tactics were also interesting I thought, I think Cadel is a bigger threat to Wiggins than Nibs, so I wonder why they chased Nibs down, I would have thought they would let him pass Cadel into second, hold the gap and let Cadel do the work to pull him back if he could.

I think Cuddles will try something on the hills today. Yesterdays stage wasn't big eough, need a climb finish and you should see him give it a go.

Waiting eagerly for this afternoon.

Here's the thing. You don't get a race winning gap by attacking on the downhills.

What is wrong with these morons? Evans didn't win the race with the handful of seconds he gained that way last year. He won it in the TT, and the fact that no-one attacked him hard enough uphil.

Nibali's an arsehole. He's got a giant mouth, but is too terrified to risk it all. Where's someone gonna stand up an say, bugger it, I'm not racing for second place, and risk everything?

Once again, in my humble opinion (based on what I could see playing off infront of me on TV), the only person able to challenge Wiggo is Froomie. And we all know that will not happen, unless something sad happens to Wiggens. Froomie must just make sure he stays as close as possible to Wiggens timewise.

Nibali, Evans ,Basso, Sagan to name a few hero's, all a bunch of a-holes and overrated.

I actually quite like Evans, but I hate the way he cycles, he sits wheel and attacks at the dumbest of moments, gone are the days when we had battles as we saw between Armstrong and Ullrich (dope or no dope) those attacks and battles on the slopes were exciting to watch.

I think his win last year came with two attributes, one is that he is consistent and because of the disarray at the top last year, he managed to take the win to put a shrimp on the barbie.

The only way things will get exciting from here on is if Evans was to make some spectacular break on a climb and Froomie get's sent down the road to chase him down, this will highlight Froome's superior climbing ability to Wiggins and the entire peloton, and also the true winner of this 2012 edition of the tour.

Edited by Dangle

They are having some beautiful weather it must be said.

Lets see how they all pull up the hills today....

I think Cuddles will try something on the hills today. Yesterdays stage wasn't big eough, need a climb finish and you should see him give it a go. Waiting eagerly for this afternoon.

I hope he does try, but I do not think he will be able to get away from Sky / Wiggens.

Is it just me, but does Froomie not look a bit like a Daddy Longlegs spider on his bike when he gives it his all on those climbs? :devil: :D

But still, GO FROOMIE!! :thumbup: :clap:

Nibali, Evans ,Basso, Sagan to name a few hero's, all a bunch of a-holes and overrated.

I actually quite like Evans, but I hate the way he cycles, he sits wheel and attacks at the dumbest of moments, gone are the days when we had battles as we saw between Armstrong and Ullrich (dope or no dope) those attacks and battles on the slopes were exciting to watch.

I think his win last year came with two attributes, one is that he is consistent and because of the disarray at the top last year, he managed to take the win to put a shrimp on the barbie.

The only way things will get exciting from here on is if Evans was to make some spectacular break on a climb and Froomie get's sent down the road to chase him down, this will highlight Froome's superior climbing ability to Wiggins and the entire peloton, and also the true winner of this 2012 edition of the tour.

Exactly. I had pegged Nibali to go up the road, but Evans would work just as well.

And ya, I miss the days of guys riding their hearts out going up the climbs.

Racing has changed I think and there's only a few riders willing to do that now, forth or fifth is still better than blowing and finishing 120th, ....but yeah, would make for great viewing indeed.

Personally I hope we dont see a boring SKY procession through to Paris ala US Postal days, its been one of the better tours I can remember so far, it would be a terrible pity if it became a slow march to the end now.

What's with all these lanky skinny guys, they look like rakes. Femur length?

I like Nibs, his attitude is so Italian. Hope he can at least win a stage and get on the podium.

Personally I hope we dont see a boring SKY procession through to Paris ala US Postal days, its been one of the better tours I can remember so far, it would be a terrible pity if it became a slow march to the end now.

I have to say, it's anything but boring.

Anything can happen, riders can crash out ,get sick and this could change the entire race overnight.

As boring as it was, and as much dope as Armstrong might have or not have been on, we have to be amazed at the fact that for 7 consecutive years he never crashed out, nor became ill enough to abandon the tour.

Nibali and Evans should work together. I'm pleased for Wiggo, but he's a bit smug in the interviews. I'd like to see a proper challenge.

Amen..

Either that they are to scared, or Like Wannabee just said.. Sky is driving so hard up front that no one has the legs.

Would love to see Evans go and Froom left looking back at daddy-longlegs and giving him a wink "see you later buddy".. and Evans and Froom end up putting time on Twigs..

Then you'll see that foulmouthed chave Wiggins loose it!!

And we will rejoice!

I have to say, it's anything but boring.

Anything can happen, riders can crash out ,get sick and this could change the entire race overnight.

As boring as it was, and as much dope as Armstrong might have or not have been on, we have to be amazed at the fact that for 7 consecutive years he never crashed out, nor became ill enough to abandon the tour.

Dangle, you are running the risk to be labeled a Lance Fan Boy :devil: :whistling:

But I agree with you. I always waited for the TT's and high mountains to see what Lance is gonna do.

And like you say, that he did not crash out or abandon is quite amazing. And whatever the guys may say or imply, Lance put in the time on his bike, he never arrived unprepared (his last TDF was his worst that I could recall)

AND YES, I AM A LANCE FANBOY!! (even if they do prove that he was up to his eyeballs with Gummiberry juice all/most of his career)