Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I am sure that there is already tension amongst the riders at UK Postal, so a cat fight is not going to make much difference.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David Millar @millarmind

Oh SNAP! Sky have WAG WAR on Twitter. This **** just got real

Dave sure has a way with words.

Yeah. One way or another, all it's gonna do is create unnecessary tension amongst the riders themselves.

The guys are already under pressure, so no need to give them any more.

Secondly Froomie has a job, his bosses have decided that he is to be a lieutenant.

There is no need for a chick that he hooked up with in December last year to mouth off the way she did, she has no idea what Sky are really trying to achieve nor what contracts might stipulate (none of us do)

I reckon any of our bosses would be really peeved if our wives mouthed off their emotions in relation to our jobs.

She just needs to shut the F up for now and let her emotions go to bed for a while.

Edited by Dangle

ok so something doesn't add up

last year cuddles dropped contador up the climbs. this year he can barely hang onto his domestiques.

wiggo who put 1m30 into froome in the TT needed an elastic band to get up the climbs.

whats with the inconsitency?

I am sure that there is already tension amongst the riders at UK Postal, so a cat fight is not going to make much difference.

That might just be true, but I can assure you that Froomie has no gripe with this.

He is just happy to have been included in the squad, he is having a dream tour and will be the first person to tell you that he himself is a little shell shocked at his achievement.

We need to understand , this is their career, they work for bosses and have contracts in place, he went to this tour fully knowing that he will work for Wiggins.

I saw the way he listened to that race radio yesterday, I think I know him well enough to conclude that he was quite content to listen to what he was told to do.

Often in our lives the biggest satisfaction doesn't always come from having beaten the next guy, but simply by knowing that you have the edge on him.

last year cuddles dropped contador up the climbs. this year he can barely hang onto his domestiques.

wiggo who put 1m30 into froome in the TT needed an elastic band to get up the climbs.

Contador was f**ked after the Giro. Froome is a proper climber, the other GC hot shots aren't?

Thing is there is so many press there looking for stories and they are making this out to be bigger than it is. Chirps by WAGS are secondary but they must realise that what they say is in the public domain. At least Michelle set up a nice blog with pics for Chris, but now list her location as 'Monaco' which concerns me somewhat. Don't know how Peta Todd managed to get a piece of the action.

but now list her location as 'Monaco' which concerns me somewhat.

Why does where she lives now concern you?

Contador was f**ked after the Giro. Froome is a proper climber, the other GC hot shots aren't?

but he did exceptionally well on the TT as well. I cant off the top of my head recall any cyclists who could both win mountain stages and ITT's...

but he did exceptionally well on the TT as well. I cant off the top of my head recall any cyclists who could both win mountain stages and ITT's...

But, but, they rode together on Astana, and Disco...

For me there was a huge laps of judgement from Nibali and van den broeck. They were both on Froome's wheel. As soon as they saw Froome getting on the radio and slagging down, knowing Wiggens is off, they should have moved past Froome and pressed the pase like hell! Sky handed them a free oppertunity and no one capitilised, stupid racing in my eyes.

Correction. Wiggo only put 30odd seconds on him. The other 1min30sec came from a punchure Froome had late in stage 1. Second TT will be a completely different story with all those mountains in the legs. Advantage Wiggo who never rides upfront.

Who is this?: qoop

That might just be true, but I can assure you that Froomie has no gripe with this.

He is just happy to have been included in the squad, he is having a dream tour and will be the first person to tell you that he himself is a little shell shocked at his achievement.

We need to understand , this is their career, they work for bosses and have contracts in place, he went to this tour fully knowing that he will work for Wiggins.

I saw the way he listened to that race radio yesterday, I think I know him well enough to conclude that he was quite content to listen to what he was told to do.

Often in our lives the biggest satisfaction doesn't always come from having beaten the next guy, but simply by knowing that you have the edge on him.

True, but cathie wiggie could have said thank you to Froomie helping him on the stage. Not surprised his girlfriend had a hissy.

Edited by E1A104