Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

You're changing your avatar so often, me thinks you need to start a separate thread, posting a new peta-picture everyday (note: "peta", i.e. no silliness like clothes et al...)

:whistling:

Ok, I've started it, maybe we can see some of the catfight WAGS from twitter?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/118346-peta-thread-hot-cyclists-partners-not-open-plan-office-suitable/

not commenting on the post... am commenting on the avatar. Comon' man! She is uber hot and you've picked a mongrel of a shot of her. Each time I see a post from you i'm expecting a little shot of hotness and nope I get a fright! Do the right thing.

Sorry Mate, was away in Knysna armed only with my PlayBook so pictures harder to come by. Better?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggo does a Cuddles on the summit of the climb: he attacks. Wonder who? Froome or the other guys?

Indeed, but I think Nibali is pretty much going to look after third right now and see how things shape up. If there is some weakness in Wiggo or Froome in the Pyrenees I think he will try and capitalise on it otherwise I think he will just protect his position, he really cant TT like either of them and with the TT at the end he will be hard pressed to pass them.

Lots of talk about Wiggo in trouble or suffering, but I thought he looked fine, he is not an explosive climber like some of the others and prefers to maintain his pace, which, with a 2 min plus advantage and an almost certain time gain in the TT should be enough, I think he is still the guy to beat.

I understand that Nibali is not great at TT'ing. What i find rather strange is how Froome managed to klap everybody bar Wiggens in the ITT. Plenty people on here said that he's not great at ITT. Nothing against Froome, i'de love it if he won the Tour.

I just hope the so called pre-race "contenders" keeps putting Sky under pressure. If everybody is riding clean, more riders are bound to have an off day, other than just Evans. That is if he has just been having an off day (or two).

Shades of Lemond and Hinault '85, though not nearly as bad.

I agree with the post saying this was Wiggo's first "micro-crack". Froome will certainly "do his job", but the Pyrennees will be the great leveller

Looks like Sagan is looking for a win today. With the other main sprinters left way back after the mountains it might just happen.

to everyone bitching about how it sucks for froome.

Remember this.

1) his job is to work for wiggo. Thats what he gets paid for. If he doesnt like it, go find another job

2) wiggo has FAR FAR FAR more results and accolades than froome. froome has been international pro for barely 2 years now. You dont barge onto the scene and demand to win the first TDF you ride in. thats not how things work

his first TDF was 2008 with barlowworld, but i think your point is damn valid even with the vuelta 2011 fiasco thrown into the mix.

only likely scenario for a change of team sky orders for me is if nibali makes a break and wiggins can't follow, would they let froome chase?

that would be stages 16 where nibali could even get away on the downhill.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/06/12/2/tdf12.st16.profile16_600.jpg

and 17

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/06/12/2/tdf12.st17.profile17_600.jpg

i suppose richie porte and mick rogers are actually quite important for the froomester. if they fade then he has to do more work.

edit. added pics

Edited by The Dictator

Yeh forgot about that

But still does anyone think he's going to disobey team orders? He'll never ride for another pro team again. He's still young.

His time will come

Yeh forgot about that

But still does anyone think he's going to disobey team orders? He'll never ride for another pro team again. He's still young.

His time will come

Agree fully. Only time his reins will be loosened this year, will be if something happens to Wiggens,

Today in the Guardian - Wiggins talks about doping.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/13/bradley-wiggins-dope-drugs?CMP=twt_gu

a quote "That is not something I wish to live with. Doping would simply be not worth it. This is only sport we are talking about. Sport does not mean more to me than all those other things I have. Winning the Tour de France at any cost is not worth the possibility of losing all that."

"I am not willing to risk all those things I've got in my life. I do it because I love it. I don't do it for a power trip: at the end of the day, I'm a shy bloke looking forward to taking my son to summer rugby camp after the Tour, where he could maybe bump into his hero, Sam Tomkins. That's what's keeping me going here. What I love is doing my best and working hard. If I felt I had to take drugs, I would rather stop tomorrow, go and ride club 10-mile time trials, ride to the cafe on Sundays, and work in Tesco stacking shelves."

Today in the Guardian - Wiggins talks about doping.

http://www.guardian....rugs?CMP=twt_gu

a quote "That is not something I wish to live with. Doping would simply be not worth it. This is only sport we are talking about. Sport does not mean more to me than all those other things I have. Winning the Tour de France at any cost is not worth the possibility of losing all that."

"I am not willing to risk all those things I've got in my life. I do it because I love it. I don't do it for a power trip: at the end of the day, I'm a shy bloke looking forward to taking my son to summer rugby camp after the Tour, where he could maybe bump into his hero, Sam Tomkins. That's what's keeping me going here. What I love is doing my best and working hard. If I felt I had to take drugs, I would rather stop tomorrow, go and ride club 10-mile time trials, ride to the cafe on Sundays, and work in Tesco stacking shelves."

Then why hire a Doctor with a dodgy past, a past that is bound to raise more than a few questions? Makes no sense to me.

Then why hire a Doctor with a dodgy past, a past that is bound to raise more than a few questions? Makes no sense to me.

And why did Wiggins personally block transparency measures?

And why did Wiggins personally block transparency measures?

He has answered yr questions already - basically he is a shy bloke.