Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

That's a matter for discussion, at no stage could I see them turning themselves inside out. They both looked to be setting a pace at the front then sat up when the going got tougher.

Yip, some good experienced domestiques to keep Nibs safe on the flatter stages and get him as far as possible up the mountain passes.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing Cav on the front doing some work for Wiggins!

Not so sure about that, Zac.A.

He'll still want to boost his stage win tally on the flatter stages.

Let's see.. He'll have to work for Wiggo at some point.

I still don't get the exclusion of Fuglsang and bringing Horner

Not sure it had to be either/or. I would have brought both of them and left out Gallopin. Why RSNT continues to pretend it has a sprinter is beyond me.

I don't think we are going to see Cav / Sagan rumble that so many people are expecting - at least not until 2013 - not because I don't rate Sagan, but because Cav's priorities are so obviously elsewhere (in terms of both shape and preparation) and I think he is going to be genuinely content to trade personal ambitions in this year's tour for the Olympics road race and fuller support at next year's TdF. That said, I am sure he will want a tilt at a few stages, so I am sure we will get a teaser.

Channel 231: ESPN Mandy Vs Contador duelling it out in the 2010 TdF. Conti' attacking when Mandy dropped his chain. Mongrel move. Only time I've felt sorry for Schleck Sista A.

Classic Phil and Paul: "it's a long descent to make up the 20 second difference and Andy isn't a bad descender.." "he isn't Phil, unless its raining or windy"

Not a cloud in the sky. Stone cold fortune telling.

Edited by hellocolour

2 more sleeps!!! Time to start packing and get on the plane to France. Got a Trek with Di2 waiting to be abused up the mountain stages. Yipeee

I Hate you.

2 more sleeps!!! Time to start packing and get on the plane to France. Got a Trek with Di2 waiting to be abused up the mountain stages. Yipeee

How cool is zat?!

:clap:

I still don't get the exclusion of Fuglsang and bringing Horner

Not sure it had to be either/or. I would have brought both of them and left out Gallopin. Why RSNT continues to pretend it has a sprinter is beyond me.

I don't think we are going to see Cav / Sagan rumble that so many people are expecting - at least not until 2013 - not because I don't rate Sagan, but because Cav's priorities are so obviously elsewhere (in terms of both shape and preparation) and I think he is going to be genuinely content to trade personal ambitions in this year's tour for the Olympics road race and fuller support at next year's TdF. That said, I am sure he will want a tilt at a few stages, so I am sure we will get a teaser.

I have never seen that Gutsy pom back down and although he might be focussing on the Olympics I think theres to much pride involved for Cav not to be in there. Trust me, He will want to show the world who's king. Also Springting in my eyes is very much a confidence thing aswell, and I bet he wouldnt want to start doubting himself ahead of the olympics. Besides I dont think It takes as much out of a sprinter as it does a GC rider to be up there..although If you dont have a team like sky you might reason otherwise..

I have never seen that Gutsy pom back down and although he might be focussing on the Olympics I think theres to much pride involved for Cav not to be in there. Trust me, He will want to show the world who's king. Also Springting in my eyes is very much a confidence thing aswell, and I bet he wouldnt want to start doubting himself ahead of the olympics. Besides I dont think It takes as much out of a sprinter as it does a GC rider to be up there..although If you dont have a team like sky you might reason otherwise..

Yeah, I agree, Bos.

I hear the WC Jersey can give you an extra set of legs.

Yeah, I agree, Bos.

So how many Liquigas Cannondale riders are in your Fantasy team Puncheur.....?

So how many Liquigas Cannondale riders are in your Fantasy team Puncheur.....?

I haven't given it a thought, man.

Have a few more days.

Of course, Sagan will be a 1st choice. :clap:

I haven't given it a thought, man.

Have a few more days.

Of course, Sagan will be a 1st choice. :clap:

Ya 2 days

:thumbup: on SAGAN

Yeah, I agree, Bos.

Paul Sherwin on our boards? Oh dear Punch

I don't see the Sky train chasing back the breaks as we used to see with Saeco, Telkom and HTC in the past but you can bet Cav will have a lead out man in with him in the last kms and he'll be there in the mix at the end of all sprint stages.

I think we might see more of a Robbie McEwen type sprint from Cav, pick a wheel then bang it.

Paul Sherwin on our boards? Oh dear Punch

:blush:

I hear that the rainbow jersey also gives you two extra suitcases of courage...

:devil: