Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Great finish, nice that st1 had an interesting finish already. What more is there to learn for Sagan - looks like he knows enough to win lots. For Suise and ToC there were many "yes but" comments, like there were few good finishers, or few good sprinters etc. Well, today those big dogs were left sucking his exhaust fumes today. The sprints between him and Cav will be interesting.

He was the only one who could follow that initial power burst from Cancellara and left enough in the tank to finish with a good sprint.

22 years old. Eish!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Seraing looks a tad industrial, still nice though, but how beautiful a city was Liege? Go on Grumpy choon them about lush green trees, beautiful roses and what have you. Haha!

And while I'm picking you, was that not exciting enough for you?

:D - I was out for a late lunch in the weak winter sunshine up here in JHB so I only got home and switched on with about 25kms to go, didnt see much scenery but I would imagine the forests are quite magnificent.

Indeed, it was a stirring final 10 odd kms, Sagan must now surely be the favorite for the white Jersey this year and a serious contender for the green I think, he hardly even looked out of breath.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

:-p

Someone's signature on another cycling forum:

"The scientific explanation for Vincenzo Nibali's extraordinary descending ability is his large cojones, which lower his center of gravity, enabling him to corner with confidence on high speed descents"

:-p

Someone's signature on another cycling forum:

"The scientific explanation for Vincenzo Nibali's extraordinary descending ability is his large cojones, which lower his center of gravity, enabling him to corner with confidence on high speed descents"

:D - Well he is Italian.............!

..but nice to see he is up there in the top 10 amongst the big favorites, I have high hopes for him overall, I dont think he can win but I am hoping he can podium.

Reports floating around that Tony Martin is out with a broken collarbone.

I hope its not true.......

I don't agree with that,YELLOW is for the maillot jaune and not for a team.

The team leading the team competition have always worn yellow numbers, and back in the day used to wear yellow caps as well.

Reports floating around that Tony Martin is out with a broken collarbone.

X-rays on wrist for German while Pineau also in doubt

Tony Martin's Tour de France has gone from bad to worse. After a puncture knocked him out of competition in the prologue, a crash near the beginning of the first stage sent him to hospital for x-rays. His Omega Pharma-QuickStep teammate Jerome Pineau also went to hospital after being hit by a spectator.

"We take a decision until Monday or even Tony will come at the start of the second stage," said Alessandro Tegner media officer for Omega Pharma-QuickStep. "We wait to see what the night brings, and how Martin recovers from his injuries."

After only 11 kilometres, Martin and three others crashed, but all continued. The world time trial champion paid numerous visits to the race doctor's car, getting pain pills. His official diagnosis from the race doctor was a bruised leg and an injured wrist. He also had visibly lost skin on his left elbow.

X-rays on wrist for German while Pineau also in doubt

Tony Martin's Tour de France has gone from bad to worse. After a puncture knocked him out of competition in the prologue, a crash near the beginning of the first stage sent him to hospital for x-rays. His Omega Pharma-QuickStep teammate Jerome Pineau also went to hospital after being hit by a spectator.

"We take a decision until Monday or even Tony will come at the start of the second stage," said Alessandro Tegner media officer for Omega Pharma-QuickStep. "We wait to see what the night brings, and how Martin recovers from his injuries."

After only 11 kilometres, Martin and three others crashed, but all continued. The world time trial champion paid numerous visits to the race doctor's car, getting pain pills. His official diagnosis from the race doctor was a bruised leg and an injured wrist. He also had visibly lost skin on his left elbow.

That's rough...

If it is collarbone fracture, hopefully he can recover in time for the Olympics.

:wacko:

His absence will also give Cancellara an easier passage to victory in the TTs.

Here are two interresting tweets from Robbie:

RobbieHunter12 hours agovia UberSocial for BlackBerryTwitter

Glad I took another guy down in my crash. Nothing worse than crashing alone and looking like a right fool! Sorry Tony :)

not saying it was his fault, but that they were in the same crash. Luckely for Robbie he is a saffa, they still make em like they use to down here ;)

And then this one before the stage:

RobbieHunter23 hours agovia UberSocial for BlackBerryTwitter

Interesting day coming up in & around Liege..Hoping it stays dry,if it does that will be my 1st TDF victory 2012 #everythingcounts..

gotta love the confidence

Edited by Bos

Looking forward to the duel between master sprinter Cav, Sagan the great, The Gorilla and the rest...

Looking forward to the duel between master sprinter Cav, Sagan the great, The Gorilla and the rest...

Besides Cav I'd watch out for Kittel today.

Cav the master sprinter has the advantage today, he did absolutely squat yesterday from an effort perspective compared to Greipel and Sagan