Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

What are the boards going to say when the King of the WheelSuckers, Cadel Evans gets some sucking action going later in the tour?

Cadel - King of wheelsuckers?

Did I watch a different Tdf last year??? Cadel did A LOT of riding in the front on his own trying to catch up to Mandy Schleck.....

Oh and yesterday, did Cadel not do alot of work in the final 2.4kms?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the boards going to say when the King of the WheelSuckers, Cadel Evans gets some sucking action going later in the tour?

What?! Are you saying people will wheel suck him or will he be a wheel sucker?

Are you new to cycling or missed last years tour? maybe missed yesterday?

He worked up the climb yesterday to reduce the lead and last year when Andy attacked he worked on the front. Unfair comment

Edited by E-man

What's all this 'wheelsucking' debating?

Racing is all about using the least possible energy, even if it's Spartacus's wheel, to create the best possible result in the end.

Speaking of which, who's gonna suck Frank, with Andy at home?

Might be more to Horner's inclusion than meets the eye...

What's all this 'wheelsucking' debating?

Racing is all about using the least possible energy, even if it's Spartacus's wheel, to create the best possible result in the end.

Yeah, I can see how one would use the least amount of energy over three weeks at 5 hours a day.

It all falls in to place now.

Go read the last few pages here. Candelabra is the only rider that did any work the entire stage.

Go read the last few pages here. Candelabra is the only rider that did any work the entire stage.

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa, that is so funny, not the comment but your attempt at sarcasm.

Might be more to Horner's inclusion than meets the eye...

I guess. And being a geriatric, he can remove his false teeth for better service?

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa, that is so funny, not the comment but your attempt at sarcasm.

Glad I could brighten your day.

Is this the Tour de France or the Tour de Friday?? Pro cyclists are going to draft whoever puts themselves at the front if the opportunity to get some sort of advantage for a category they are aiming for presents itself. There are no wheelsuckers in pro cycling. These are reserved for the front groups of serious amateur racers...

Don't have to tell the chaps who watch daily and are into the spectacle that it's all the category races within the tour that make it interesting as far as I'm concerned. Ready for a good 3 weeks.

Bummed Tony Martin has had such a tough start. He's in all my fantasy teams....

Cadel - King of wheelsuckers?

Did I watch a different Tdf last year??? Cadel did A LOT of riding in the front on his own trying to catch up to Mandy Schleck.....

What?! Are you saying people will wheel suck him or will he be a wheel sucker?

Are you new to cycling or missed last years tour? maybe missed yesterday?

He worked up the climb yesterday to reduce the lead and last year when Andy attacked he worked on the front. Unfair comment

Ah, the Johnny come latelies to the TDF. How many years have you watched Evans attack the race? From your comments I'd say never. As if you say you have seen him attack the race you would not have been watching the tour. As he has never previously attacked the race like Mercx, Pantani or Armstrong did. Or even Le Mond or Roche.

This year is the 99th edition, it didn't start last year.

Evans has ridden the Tour 7 times, the 1st time he felt wind in his face for any prolonged period of time was last year. In 2006, 2007 and 2008 he marked the GC contenders almost to death. In 2007 and 2008 he followed wheels every time an attack came.

Reputations in pro cycling are earned, he has chased 1 attack by himself in 7 tours de France. Oh, and a few sneaky little 500m sprints to claim a few seconds.

Speaking of which, who's gonna suck Frank, with Andy at home?

I read on twitter Frank Schleck has been said to be hiding some good form. Problem is it seems to be hidden so well not even he can find it.

I read on twitter Frank Schleck has been said to be hiding some good form. Problem is it seems to be hidden so well not even he can find it.

Beer, keyboard. You owe me one of each.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, the Johnny come latelies to the TDF.

Been watching Tdf since 1990, so I think I have seen a few.

On the wheelsuck note, how many top contenders sit safely in the bunch until the attacks come? Is this called wheelsucking? or Tactics?

Cadel has never had to launch attacks on climbs because he has been one of the strongest Time Trialers, and that is his edge.And lets face it he isnt the best climber there, he doesnt have the acceleration to attack like a contador, so why should he? BUT, when push comes to shove and he has had to work to defend his chances he has. I dont call that wheelsucking I call that boxing clever and playing to your strength.

Edited by rattlesnake