Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

In Saturday morning’s LÉquipe, Nibali was afforded a full-page splash in which he declared "Wiggins doesn’t impress me." Asked if he had revised his opinion after spending the afternoon at such close quarters to the Englishman, Nibali allowed himself a smile. "My impression was that the strongest acceleration came from Froome and not from Wiggins," he said

What is this dude's beef with Wiggo? Even so, he still couldn't keep up with either Froome/Wiggins so maybe he should shut his trap and peddle harder!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone is going on about Wiggens vs Evans this year, but I have a feeling neither will win.

Hmm, I have always liked Nibs so I would be quite ecstatic if he won, but realistically I dont think he can, podium for sure, but top step..............well, I would love to see it, so we can hope I guess!.

I think Wiggins is too strong in too many ways to lose this tour, he has a strong management and his team is top notch, he is excellent in the TT stages, he can climb with pretty much the best of them and his form leading up to the event has been impeccable, I dont see any chinks the others can exploit.? Barring an accident or a catastrophic bad day I think he has pretty much stamped his name as the one to beat.

A roller fest of note today.

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2012/800/PROFIL.jpg

More like a medium mountain stage.

After a long week of long distances, it will hurt those PRO pistons.

• Km 20.0 – Côte de Bondeval 4.4 kilometre-long climb at 3.9% – category 4
  • Km 32.0 – Côte du Passage de la Douleur 3.8 kilometre-long climb at 6.4% – category 3
  • Km 50.0 – Côte de Maison-Rouge 7.9 kilometre-long climb at 5% – category 2
  • Km 73.0 – Côte de Saignelégier 7.8 kilometre-long climb at 6.1% – category 2
  • Km 97.0 – Côte de Saulcy 4.6 kilometre-long climb at 8.6% – category 2
  • Km 130.5 – Côte de la Caquerelle 4.3 kilometre-long climb at 7.6% – category 2
  • Km 141.5 – Col de la Croix 3.7 kilometre-long climb at 9.2% – category 1

Watch out for some possible opportunistic attacks here by Gesink, LL Sanchez, Menchov, Valverde, Schleck.

Those riders need secs to get closer to yellow.

http://inrng.com/medias/TdF/tourstage8climbs.jpg

Cool action pic from the top 3 finishers yesterday.

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage_7_tdf_2012_o-nev_5961.jpg

I suspect today will be about a breakaway being allowed to go. Euskatel perhaps. Or maybe Astana.

Early days, but I hope Froome keeps it up so he can get picked up by a team that will back him for a GC win in a grand tour next year. From the sound of Wiggens' interview yesterday, there is barely enough room in the Sky team for him and his ego.

Go Froomie!!

Froome is on a massive contract at Sky and will be there for many years. All Brailsford needs to say to anyone wanting to leave Sky: RSN. That's enough to destroy anyone with potential.

So Twiggo is at the top of his game and now he's arrogant? Why, because he's in yellow and your bloke isn't?

Froome is on a massive contract at Sky and will be there for many years. All Brailsford needs to say to anyone wanting to leave Sky: RSN. That's enough to destroy anyone with potential.

So Twiggo is at the top of his game and now he's arrogant? Why, because he's in yellow and your bloke isn't?

Yeah, all this Wiggins is arrogant talk clearly is spoken by people with a narrow understanding of the sport.

Froome will get his chance, this year or another. Brailsford must show results. He cocked up tactically at the Vuelta when Sky could have gone for the win. He wont make that mistake again. Better a Sky jersey on the top step in Paris - no matter who is wearing it - than the same result as in Spain.

Fair enough, he's on a huge contract - but it seems a shame that he should play second fiddle to Wiggens. Froome showed in the Vuelta that he's good enough. If Sky backed him then instead of Wiggens he could have won it.

The arrogance comment is probably jealousy speaking... :-)

Jens you bloody legend. Why wouldn't you love he guy... hewn from 100% grit and sprinkled with a good covering of flandrian spirit.

Classic Jens quotes:

- If it hurts me, it must hurt the other ones twice as much

- Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do

- Oh, you poor thing, you’ve got no chance, you’re already beaten

- You’re all beaten; I am just laughing at you

- I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?

- In the hierarchy of the family, I’m just above the dog. But I like it that way

- Having things organized is for small-minded people. Genius controls chaos

- Oh man, it’s going to take days to kill all these people

- I am confident that when I get really old, the human lifespan will be extended

- Every time I race, I will race so fiercely my legs cry

- I'll burn, I'm ready to die for you on the bike

Good luck to all the guys doing the Etape act 1 today.

Long day in the saddle, lucky gits. Been getting txts all morning.

post-15825-0-98532100-1341750149.jpg

There are 24 riders in the lead group, including Voigt, but the gap is only 14 seconds.

Jens you bloody legend. Why wouldn't you love he guy... hewn from 100% grit and sprinkled with a good covering of flandrian spirit.

Classic Jens quotes:

- If it hurts me, it must hurt the other ones twice as much

- Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do

- Oh, you poor thing, you’ve got no chance, you’re already beaten

- You’re all beaten; I am just laughing at you

- I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?

- In the hierarchy of the family, I’m just above the dog. But I like it that way

- Having things organized is for small-minded people. Genius controls chaos

- Oh man, it’s going to take days to kill all these people

- I am confident that when I get really old, the human lifespan will be extended

- Every time I race, I will race so fiercely my legs cry

- I'll burn, I'm ready to die for you on the bike

without doubt, my favourite rider. maybe its his wit and humour or his never say die riding attitude. he just rocks.