Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Two ITTs plus anoter ITT for the prologue. Over 100kms worth of TT in the race. Possibly, this could be one of the reasons A Schleck is not so motivated this year - he probably realized he did not have a good chance to to podium, regardless of how well he prepares.

I think there are 3 mountainous stages that finish on a long downhill as well, which looks great for Evans, Sanchez and Nibali, but not so great for the Schlecks. It going to make for exciting TV.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Andy :thumbup:

If i had to chose between Wiggins and Evans i would like Wiggins to take it top position, During the tour things could change including my mind. :whistling:

Cant say i'll miss el pistolo's attempt at shooting though.

With two ITT, Wiggins must be favourite. He was 1.30 odd minutes faster than Evans in the Criterium de Dauphine. He will just follow up the hills and kick butt in the TT.

Evans was the more or less the same time back in the time trial of last years Dauphine, that is behind Wiggins, when it came to the Time Trial in the Tour he was a machine, I am backing Evans but think it's going to be a great battle between Wiggins and Evans.

What about Bosenhagen?

The youngster really impressed me at the Dauphine. I do not punt him for an overall win, but I think he has a shot at a stage win or two.

What about Bosenhagen?

The youngster really impressed me at the Dauphine. I do not punt him for an overall win, but I think he has a shot at a stage win or two.

He will definitely win a stage or two but his main goal in Sky would be to help either Wiggins or Cavendish

If so, the Schecks are going to need a better strategist. They have absolutely no brains.

I think they need to grow a pair. IMO no problem with talent or strategy - they just need a bit more 'houding'.

Edited by G-Unit

Bruyneel said on facebook that Horner was not selected because he is strugglinh with a back injury.

Oh, I thought he wasn't selected because Becca is the boss and he doesn't want pensioners with their Zimmer frames f**king up his project with the Schleck brothers.

Love Vaughters' comment about sky

I think they need to grow a pair. IMO no problem with talent or strategy - they just need a bit more 'houding'.

I think they must Bakkies Botha as their mental coach.

Or Straeuli for a Kamp Staaldraad.

:w00t:

He will definitely win a stage or two but his main goal in Sky would be to help either Wiggins or Cavendish

One to watch for the future Tours.

Two ITTs plus anoter ITT for the prologue. Over 100kms worth of TT in the race. Possibly, this could be one of the reasons A Schleck is not so motivated this year - he probably realized he did not have a good chance to to podium, regardless of how well he prepares. I think there are 3 mountainous stages that finish on a long downhill as well, which looks great for Evans, Sanchez and Nibali, but not so great for the Schlecks. It going to make for exciting TV.

Wiggo's weakness is descending.

Nibs, Evans will try to take advantage there.

They tried in the Dauphine and it was a real collaborative effort against team Sky.

Sky shut it out and I expect more of the same where teams 'combine' against the formidable Sky unit.

Sagan for green jersey as Cav has one eye on Wiggo and another eye on the Olympics.

:w00t: :w00t: :clap:

The RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK Team Management made a preselection of 14 riders for the 2012 Tour de France (June 30 – July 22).

Fabian Cancellara, Jakob Fuglsang, Tony Gallopin, Linus Gerdemann, Markel Irizar, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Yaroslav Popovych, Gregory Rast, Hayden Roulston, Andy Schleck, Fränk Schleck, Jens Voigt & Haimar Zubeldia

The final roster of 9 riders will be announced in the week of June 18.

No Chris Horner :thumbdown:

I think this team must be quite entertaining with these two characters :thumbup:

Sagan for green jersey as Cav has one eye on Wiggo and another eye on the Olympics.

:w00t: :w00t: :clap:

I predict Cav winning 2 - 3 stages and abandoning in the Pyrenees to prepare for London

I predict Cav winning 2 - 3 stages and abandoning in the Pyrenees to prepare for London

Cav stuffed up at the Milan San Remo because he relaxed before the race, I think we'll see him go all the way to Paris. Sky seems to have this philosophy now with the swimmer as coach that you stay on top of your game, no apparent taper and peak.