Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Ja I also saw that. George Hincapie and that other Frankie Andreu perhaps.

I still think that the turning point will be when one of the former team Dr's testifies against him. Then the real detail will come out.

Either way he will eventually be found guilty and probably rightly so. Lets even assume for one moment that Lance is clean. Would he have won those 7 titles had half of his team mates not doped? There were at least 2 years when Lance's team won the TDF for him literally.

I just wish they will wait until after Kona FFS!!!

Yeah, it is always entertaining to watch him race - even the competitors want to compete against him.

He really did make a mockery out of all the authorities. Unfortunately the continual denial of never used PED's is not helping.

just read this -

Q: How can Armstrong be charged in the absence of a positive doping test?

A: The World Anti-Doping Agency code enables anti-doping authorities to charge athletes based on "nonanalytical positives,'' or evidence of doping violations that does not derive from a positive test. That evidence could include eyewitness testimony, documents, correspondence, financial records or possession of banned substances.

In Armstrong's case, USADA cites witnesses who say they saw Armstrong use EPO, testosterone, corticosteroids, blood transfusions and masking agents to enhance his athletic performance. The letter also references results of blood tests done in 2009 and 2010 by the UCI, cycling's international governing body. Although none of the individual samples produced a positive test, taken together, the profile they present is "fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions,'' the letter states. Introducing those results as evidence would require interpretation by a scientific expert, and any Armstrong defense presumably would include an expert to try to refute those findings.

Q: What potential sanctions does Armstrong face?

A: Armstrong has been competing in triathlons in a bid to qualify for the Ironman world championships this fall. USADA's letter was copied to the World Triathlon Corp., which runs Ironman events in the United States and overseas and is a signatory of the WADA code. The WTC immediately suspended Armstrong from competition under a provision of its own rules. If convicted of multiple doping offenses, Armstrong could receive up to a lifetime ban from any sports whose federations abide by the WADA code. He would forfeit all results and prize money from the period of time referenced in the charges.

Edited by Mellow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I think this is all pointless as much as people like ontrackmind would want some vindication. Go back 2 pages and check the cyclist graphic and you will see that ALL of the riders are taking something. This will only serve to completely break the back of the sport as a whole. Do you think that if Lance goes down he will go down by himself?? Nope, cycling will suffer first and progressively every other sport that WADA adminsters to, will end up being questioned as the validity of results they check will all be questioned. The real punks here are WADA and sadly they will ALWAYS play catch up!

I agree with onetrack and co if Lance and his team were doing this in isolation. Sadly they are not.

The a lot of the other riders of the era were banned for 2 years. Why should LA get away with doping and them not?

Perhaps the back of pro cycling needs to be broken, the current structure and culture in cycling may be too riddled with the cancer of doping for it to ever be cured. Perhaps a scandal like this is needed to disband the uci completely and form a new body to control cycling, who will not look the other way when 80 or 90% of the blood profiles show signs of doping. Why are there no life bans for dopers yet? Imo it is because of what they will say. Now busted riders stay quiet, serve their ban and come back. Riders who talk, like Sinkewitz, never get a ride in a big team again. Does anybody ever wonder why? I think the sport is rotten to the core, and the truth is hidden because of greed.

The a lot of the other riders of the era were banned for 2 years. Why should LA get away with doping and them not?

Perhaps the back of pro cycling needs to be broken, the current structure and culture in cycling may be too riddled with the cancer of doping for it to ever be cured. Perhaps a scandal like this is needed to disband the uci completely and form a new body to control cycling, who will not look the other way when 80 or 90% of the blood profiles show signs of doping. Why are there no life bans for dopers yet? Imo it is because of what they will say. Now busted riders stay quiet, serve their ban and come back. Riders who talk, like Sinkewitz, never get a ride in a big team again. Does anybody ever wonder why? I think the sport is rotten to the core, and the truth is hidden because of greed.

"I think the sport is rotten to the core, and the truth is hidden because of greed."

is that not true with all professional sport today ?

What will happen to triathlon if Lance wins all the IM races? (Assuming the sport of tri is clean at present). Will the Crowies and Maccas just say he deserved it etc?

Simply. They got banned because they could not manage their levels properly and went over a limit somewhere and got bust.

Indeed this could be a watershed moment for not just cycling, but all professional sport in general. I don't see how WADA will be able to have any credibility when this whole saga is completed.

The only way for any sport to be completely clean is for every person who competes to undergo a series of blood profiling from birth and again through significant life and illness situations to establish individual limits and their natural changes from which people can be tested. Likelihood???

ahhhh... the usual rhetoric from lance's disciples

"he's never failed a doping test"

"most tested athlete alive"

more lies fed to you by uniballs propaganda machine.

why dont you think for yourselves and do a bit of googling

I am a big LA fan but after reading all of this I would be lying if I thought he was squeaky clean.

Being in forensics myself I know the chances of getting so many confessions all along the same lines is slim unless what they are saying ihas some truth.

Boring for some maybe, but what is interesting is that Armstrong is on record as saying he wouldn't fight any action, but has seemed to come out firing. His PR machine switched into overdrive overnight.

I think he is just tired of this shite.....

I think he is just tired of this *****.....

But that's what I'm getting at. He said that he wasn't interesting in fighting anymore in recent comments, but then again, he vowed not to fight anything after his settling a suit following the LA Confidentiel thing.

But that's what I'm getting at. He said that he wasn't interesting in fighting anymore in recent comments, but then again, he vowed not to fight anything after his settling a suit following the LA Confidentiel thing.

I think it is getting to him that it is affecting his participation in another sport discipline....... ban him from cycling and leave it at that - but to prevent him from taking part in another discipline is a bit of a ball ache (pun intended)