Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Lance is out, finnish, klaar. Unable to partake in any sanctioned sport, triathlon, cycling, running, swimming..whatever which knowing how much he loves his sport must be pretty hard on him. He is not trying to appeal or overturn it and accepted it.

Whether he confesses or not it's not going to change anything, so what more punishment can he get. Sponsors pull the plug on him, get sued for reimbursement of prize money, sponsorship money, Livestrong get shut down, his bike shop boycotted etc. Is there a point where punishment is enough.

Personally, I think he should give back every single cent he has made directly and indirectly from cycling. That means Prize money, endorsements, and all other money/valuables he has made from fraudelently winning 7 TDF's.

What it amounts to is nothing more than full scale fraud, the likes of which the sporting world has never seen.

Crime does not pay, and in my eyes he should be punished exactly the same as anyone else who may have defrauded people/companies or whoever out of mega millions of $$$$$$$$. Which, pretty much means having his sphincter re-arranged inside a US federal prison.

Who knows, maybe he can get himself onto America's hardest prisons cycling team.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bough the book on Sunday - smashed 200 pages but havent picked it up since Thursday - USADA is more a 360 of the same story

USADA compiled one helluva report.

Those footnotes.... Geez!

I was reading between the lines, obviously it will change if they fire Bruyneel but its quite clear than Cancellara won't ride for Bruyneel.

He's got a contract that he has to stick to i.e. ride for RSN, i imagine that we will see some new era younger team DS and managers start popping up before 2013 season gets underway, maybe...

He's got a contract that he has to stick to i.e. ride for RSN, i imagine that we will see some new era younger team DS and managers start popping up before 2013 season gets underway, maybe...

I imagine with Bruyneel gone, Schleckies f**ked, etc, you might find those contracts being torn up pretty smart. Wouldn't surprise me if the sponsors pull the plug and walk away from this mess.

For those of you wondering what the current ped of choice is, Google "aicar"

For leukemia and diabetes treatment,

i understand perjusy is a crime in usa, but jailtime? really? he's hardly a dangerous criminal...

Marion Jones did her time for perjury.

We are so soft on criminals in South Africa. Yet we moan about crime all the time.

For leukemia and diabetes treatment,

Suspected first use in 2009 TDF. On UCI and WADA banned list.

Folks, just remenber the USADA report is just that, a report on circumstantial evidence and affidavits of riders who claim they saw Pharmstrong dope.

The UCI still has to respond to the report and if it does give due consideration to Pharmstrong not having responded to the charges in the report then they are going to face a legal battle against Armstrong since there is still no bullet and no smoking gun. Just a lot people with grudges saying the gun was fired.

Don't get your hopes up for a massive change in the sport.

If there is any truth behind the report there is going to be a lot of knee jerk reactions from cycling bodies around the world.

I watched Landis interview; that guy has liar written over his body language.

Would love nothing more than for the doping truth to come out but this stench goes so high up....