Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

:offtopic: but whats happening with Frank?

Well, in the light of recent events, his "I was poisoned (by Bruyneel)" defence might well work for him.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way this is what Frankie Andreu said back in 2006...

“I mean, to be able to just keep up I had to take EPO. There’s no way I would have survived to be able to race in ‘99. After that, I got tired of needles and injections, so in 2000 I was like ‘I’m not doing this anymore’ and stopped,” Andreu said. “You had to (dope) because everybody else was, and to just say ‘No, I’m not taking it’ and just quit the sport, that would have been throwing away years and years of your love, your passion, your work.”

This is the common theme - all the guys reached the same conclusion at the same time - from around 96 if you weren't doing EPO you couldn't compete. It was not Lance's brainchild. So Frankie "got tired of the needles" and stopped - others still had the same motivation that caused them to start, and yea things got prgressively less pretty - but its all still cheating at the end of the day.

Edited by dracs

This is the common theme - all the guys reached the same conclusion at the same time - from around 96 if you weren't doing EPO you couldn't compete.

Ah, good old 1996. The year of Mr 60%. Nice referencing that as a starting point of the real downward spiral. Pretty relevant.

Cant speak for others and i don't know of anyone who wont, but why not.

Now speaking for myself no where on this thread have i said he is innocent. i have no issues with what the USDADA have found including the current riders statements, just issues with their real motives (USADA and riders) which appear to be selfish i.e. looking after themselves rather than remorse.

Why did Frank and Betsy involve themselves in covering up Franks doping for so long. Betsy has been called honest and respectable, really ? How seeing as she knew her husband doped but kept quiet only speaking once they had a fallout with LA.

Why did the all the riders mentioned in the USDADA report only admit now, where were they when previous team riders accused LA of doping, many of his teammates who were implicated continued to ride for him. I would have much more respect if they had fessed up on their own and supported those without being forced to.

Why not you ask - a load of fanboys ( not sure where you put yourself) are slagging off those that confessed saying that they are not to believed as thay are all ex-dopers and as dodgy as hell. Now if la confesses to doping that makes him an ex-doper so can we believe his confession or not? :whistling:

......but you are forgetting that cycling was totally clean until Lance came on the scene. He single handedly changed the sport into a doping fiasco.

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Betsy never covered anything up. Ever. Memory is fuzzy but she called off the engagement to him after the alleged hospital incident. Then she almost called it quits on the marriage when she found he doped after promising her he wouldn't.

Did she report it to the authorities, umm no. Hence the cover up.

Yawn, covered already in what seems a thousand times. You just don't get it.

Huh ? Apologies as a LA fanboy/disciple/worshiper i'm slow .

Edited by scotty

Saw this on twitter, surely not? No wonder Schleck is optimistic, he appeared before his father, uncle, step father.

Boom - Leipheimer fired

Lefevere never had any problem working with dopers in the past.

to quote:

"I treat all my riders the same, but Johan Museeuw has a special place in my heart."

Edited by TNT1

Boom - Leipheimer fired

Wow, is he going to retire now or do you think he will get employment on another team.? Looks like they are falling like skittles.

Looks like Mr Bruyneel's name is becoming something of a regular occurance in these reports -

He also testified that he was instructed on how to use the drug to avoid testing positive by Johan Bruyneel and Dr. Luis del Moral, and was given saline to reduce his hematocrit in the 2001 Vuelta a Espana, a race in which he would finish third.

and

He also stated that when he returned to the Discovery Channel team in 2007, Johan Bruyneel encouraged him to get on a program for blood transfusions. He initially refused, but finally agreed before the Tour de France.

I wonder what Mr Bruyneel's defense will be at his arbitration hearing.?