Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Eish you got me i'm lost for words o fearless gangster...

Ya, me too.

The Mayan's will have to be right before a make up with that oke.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Published in The Times on 16 Oct 2012

http://www.zapiro.com/Cartoons/m_121016tt.jpg

121016tt - Freefall record - Lance Armstrong versus Felix Baumgartner

Description & Background

Felix Baumgartner is an Austrian skydiver, daredevil and BASE jumper. On 14 October 2012, he set the world record for skydiving an estimated 39 kilometres, reaching an estimated speed of 1,342 kilometres per hour, or Mach 1.24. Lance Armstrong, the legend of cycling and seven times winner of the Tour de France cycling race, has been discovered to be “serial drug cheat” of the worst kind by the US Anti-doping Agency (Usada).. Once a hero and role model is now in "freefall". Zapiro's cartoon compares the two.

People in the cartoon

Felix Baumgartner / Lance Armstrong

South Africa has a communist party more than 20yrs after the rest of the world gave it up as a bad job; thoroughly discredited.

They still sing the songs and spout the slogans; and explain their situation through conspiracy theories - and to the outside world it looks ridiculous.

LA & everything he built is disappearing beneath a righteous tsunami of evidence, but the South African fan club remains - nominated for the 2012 Ostrich Award.

FYI there are many communist parties out there besides RSA

Don't generalise about something you obviously know nothing about

Yeha, but the thing is I still support him. Regardless of what happened, the fact is that the whole peloton was and still is dirty. Has been for ages. Even though he may have been a mastermind in terms of doping in his particular team (which I'm still not 100% convinced of, despite all the "witness testimonies" given by guys who have an axe to grind or something to gain by testifying against, even if it is just a 6 month ban the question has to be asked what would have happened had they not testified)

Back to t though - even though he may have been a mastermind, it is still just ONE TEAM. He cannot be viewed as the patriarch of the whole doping culture. Fact is, his teams were not the only ones doping. So, by extension, the feats he achieved on the bike are still worthy of attention. IF he did dope.

But heck, short of admittance, we'll never know the full truth. There has been too much sensationalism, too much "witch hunting" and too much posturing for it to be 100% definitive.

So basically you're happy to support a cheating liar, regardless of what happened? Wow.

Ya, me too.

The Mayan's will have to be right before a make up with that oke.

Never say never boet, life's to short.

I see the day we all get together for a nice hubbers/muffins/gangsters/clubbers/daters/friendzoners mtb ride

There is one, but he's so annoying, we don't mention his name...

Ya, we'd sooner see your bum pic than have that inflicted on us. I assume he's actually a double poster?

So basically you're happy to support a cheating liar, regardless of what happened? Wow.

Who did you vote for in 94...or the last elections?

Ya, we'd sooner see your bum pic than have that inflicted on us. I assume he's actually a double poster?

Be careful what you wish for...

Let me salmon here: I still support him (without going through 147 pages).

Dope or no dope, he was/is still a supreme cyclist. Maybe a little less stuff in his body (if!) would've made him come second or third. Nevertheless he would've still been consistently better than most.

Two, he's done more good than he has bad. Even if.

Three, if it's proven that this McCarthyesque witchhunt was off track, there'll never be adequate repair. A short paragraph on page 16, and nothing more. Whereas a life has been pretty much destroyed. The problem with modern media - the internet and social pages - is that opinions rule over facts.

Let me salmon here: I still support him (without going through 147 pages).

Dope or no dope, he was/is still a supreme cyclist. Maybe a little less stuff in his body (if!) would've made him come second or third. Nevertheless he would've still been consistently better than most.

Two, he's done more good than he has bad. Even if.

Three, if it's proven that this McCarthyesque witchhunt was off track, there'll never be adequate repair. A short paragraph on page 16, and nothing more. Whereas a life has been pretty much destroyed. The problem with modern media - the internet and social pages - is that opinions rule over facts.

Salmon? You a Bike Snob fan?