Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Scotty thumbup1.gif

I agree with the life time ban, but stripping the titles etc... is stoopid in this particular case.

The current system is encourages people to dope and then come clean when things get iffy.

The UCI / WADA or whoever decides on the doping sentences should get much tougher to discourage further doping. I would with immeidate effect change the current penalties to a life time ban for any athlete convicted, no first offence BS...you get caught thats it take your pie and vie...The same ban should apply to supporting staff, officails ect...

EDIT: Forgot what they should do with those who are "suspected" i.e. no postive proof.

These guys get the 2 year ban thing...

The only other option is to legalise doping and we know that aint going to happen

Edited by SwissVan

did they ever get any proof or is it all still just hearsay

no evidence, Oakley, Nike and Trek just dumped him without reason because of some hearsay. As did the UCI who really needed a doping controversy to justify their existence.

Nobody deserves the titles. Bicycle racing is a farce. Its rule makers are incompetent.

Yet there we are asking for more from them.

I'm walking away

Yip news just in, the Simpsons drop Armstrong.

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530687_10151121373083697_1622277682_n.jpg

Ag nee !!!!!!

Nobody deserves the titles. Bicycle racing is a farce. Its rule makers are incompetent.

Yet there we are asking for more from them.

I'm walking away

Sore loser? Your guy got done for being a dopehead cheating scumbag and your'e taking your ball and leaving?

How about changing that thread title, 101SCC?

mellow.png

Tchjaa he's a bit slow today, he's going to loose his troll status whistling.gif ...

Would have thought he would have put it across in big bold letters

Lance Armstrong Banned - Loose's TDF Titles.

I will say it again....he is one of the best athletes of our time.He just evened out the playing field at that time.

He should have come clean and not bullied the others.

thumbup1.gif +1

What rubbish. After Festina? Dream on.

totally ambivalent.

However, the cycling industry benefited from his lies and will continue to reap the benefits of those lies for years to come at the expense of the real cyclists

See #25 above.

Tchjaa he's a bit slow today, he's going to loose his troll status whistling.gif ...

Would have thought he would have put it across in big bold letters

Lance Armstrong Banned - Loose's TDF Titles.

Loose's?

or just plain loses?

Loser