Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Hmmm, the consulting doctor, the team doctor plus the "trainer" (courier?) have not contested and got lifetime bans. This does not sound like the conduct of innocent, falsely accused men.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I just want the facts to come out... I am tired of opinions and slander or bias from either side...

I know that this is war... everything Lance has achieved will be extinguished to millions of people who did not follow the sport and by extension may never spend their money on this sport if he is found to be guilty of doping... as well is to many who already love the sport.

You guys think he is wasting time and faltering at being honorable in his decisions... its his life!!

Imagine if you could no longer work at what you knew... whilst not being able to earn a living you are having to pay millions of dollars to lawyers to defend you... and if he is innocent those expensive lawyers will want to claim costs!

@grunpyoldman your points are interesting but lack a view from the other side! You can not be tried for the same thing twice... this bloke is being tried - pun intended - by 3 different organisations in succession for a derivative of guilty... each one amending their attack based on the last outcomes... eeeeish!!

How would Zuma handle this? :ph34r:

Just the facts... thats all I ask.

I wanted to say Lance has balls taking USADA on like he did but then realised he only has one ball. So lance has ball taking them on....

Hahahaha

How would Zuma handle this? :ph34r:

Exactly as Lance is. using every technical maneuvre to avoid standing trial, using vocal acolytes to trash the motives of the prosecution rather than dealing with the merits (or not) of the case.

Well done to Lance!

@Velouria: this is for you "..............................." - now that he is asleep... :w00t:

Here's to hoping he is successful! :clap:

These are the claims that Lance filed - interpreted via CyclingNews:

• That USADA does not have the right to charge and sanction Armstrong and strip him of his titles;
  • USADA does not have the right to force Armstrong to arbitrate those charges without a valid, enforceable legal agreement to do so;
  • and Armstrong contends USADA's activity also violates his constitutional rights and tortiously interferes with his contract with Union Cycliste Internationale, the governing body with which he has an agreement.

Boo-ya! to those of you who were "rules are rules"... read the Amended lawsuit... :clap:

Well done to Lance!

@Velouria: this is for you "..............................." - now that he is asleep... :w00t:

Here's to hoping he is successful! :clap:

These are the claims that Lance filed - interpreted via CyclingNews:

• That USADA does not have the right to charge and sanction Armstrong and strip him of his titles;
  • USADA does not have the right to force Armstrong to arbitrate those charges without a valid, enforceable legal agreement to do so;
  • and Armstrong contends USADA's activity also violates his constitutional rights and tortiously interferes with his contract with Union Cycliste Internationale, the governing body with which he has an agreement.

Boo-ya! to those of you who were "rules are rules"... read the Amended lawsuit... :clap:

Blind?

Those bullet points don't say anything. Read a little bit more and find out how and why USADA does have jurisdiction over him.

Blind?

Those bullet points don't say anything. Read a little bit more and find out how and why USADA does have jurisdiction over him.

Yeah, and Vino and Kash tried the human rights angle before, it holds no water.

Yeah, and Vino and Kash tried the human rights angle before, it holds no water.

True. For me, this is the most crucial bit in the argument contained in a link I posted earlier: If you don’t want to be subject to the anti-doping procedures, then don’t be an athlete. Attorneys don’t get to pick and choose which parts of the legal ethics code to follow. Doctors and dentists don’t get to decide to only follow the Hippocratic Oath when it’s convenient.

True. For me, this is the most crucial bit in the argument contained in a link I posted earlier: If you don’t want to be subject to the anti-doping procedures, then don’t be an athlete. Attorneys don’t get to pick and choose which parts of the legal ethics code to follow. Doctors and dentists don’t get to decide to only follow the Hippocratic Oath when it’s convenient.

I dont mind being wrong...

The blog 150watts is just an opinion... the final decision will lie with someone who resides over the claim-and there is space for interpretation other than the letter of the law...

But I have chosen a side and that is the side I will stick to...

@tumbleweed: Lance has had more doping than anyone has... and he has never complained - to my knowledge... the case has nothing to do with the testing... it has to do more with the allegations of doping and conspiring to cover it up - they are using this to open the door on the statute of limitations - that is legal tap dancing! Its easy to take the "high-road" because that is what is expected...

I am soooo exccited to see how this turns out :clap:

Personally I just want the facts to come out...

Which facts specifically are you waiting for? A great many people have told us what the facts are and only one guy and his legal team has consistently disputed them.

Grumps, I'm not sure that USADA has investigated "millions" of athletes with the same vigour, and within the same time frame, that it is investigating LA. I tend to take the view articulated by Andrew McLean that it's time to move on and let Lance fade away. At every TdF stage we see Bernard Hinault. Was he clean? In Belgium we saw Eddie Merckx - was he clean? With all the allegations, I very much doubt it - it seems that no one was clean. Lance will never be there; the damage is done to his reputation; let the bugger just fade away. Hound LA and it will be in the press for some time to come.

My reason for this is that the more it makes the press, the more convinced Joe Public is that all cyclists dope - hence the comments that Wiggo took exception to. No braai conversation about cycling takes place without doping being raised. USADA and WADA should concentrate on the current professionals and just maybe not crow from every treetop when any athlete is found doping. Don't hide it but, even for them WADA et al, it should be a source of shame.