Where do you do your FTP?

Anyone care to share where they do their FTP testing up in JHB/Gauteng?

try the cadence centre in fourways, for a fee you can probably do it on one of their trainers or sign up for a training course and this will be your first session to get your Tempo, Sweet spot, threshold, VO2Max and Anaerobic power values.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two options:

1) Cradle route, from Toadburry hill upwards and through the Cradle, not ideal with the bumps, circles and down sections.

2) Robert Broom, start at the Sterkfontein caves intersection and up Protea Ridge where the D2D finished, you only have to get accross one stop street.

• 11 months later...

Did My test yesterday : Seems that the Sterkfonftein Caves up Van Riebeek (D2D finish) is norm for JHB. I weigh 95kgs(dont laugh) , Ave power output was 262W. Is this then the "actual" reading used for calculating power zones . So now what ? (lol) Rotor Power Cranks with Garmin 810

Sir lowrys pass - from bottom to top, the fastest I've done it is just over 20 mins - so thats perfect for an FTP calculation

Did My test yesterday : Seems that the Sterkfonftein Caves up Van Riebeek (D2D finish) is norm for JHB. I weigh 95kgs(dont laugh) , Ave power output was 262W. Is this then the "actual" reading used for calculating power zones . So now what ? (lol) Rotor Power Cranks with Garmin 810

Nice one well done !

Have to take that 262 * 0.85 is 222w your FTP

Or x .095 I think I am on the right track

Edited by Santa C

If that was from 20 min, then 95% of that is roughly your 1hr FTP. Now you have a ballpark for workouts, as well as calculating training stress score.

Nice one well done !

If that was from 20 min, then 95% of that is roughly your 1hr FTP. Now you have a ballpark for workouts, as well as calculating training stress score.

Thank You :thumbup:

Nice one well done !

yeh - 95% of your 20min max

• 8 months later...

:offtopic: Always seems to be just interest in "Power training". HR is neglected to the point of non existence, everyone seems to think it does not matter, but it is just as (and in some cases more) important than power...

You should be doing your testing for HR as much as you are for pwr.

Hijack off. :P

Edited by DarrenSmith

Anyone care to share where they do their FTP testing up in JHB/Gauteng?

hector Norris is the best place for FTP test out doors

:offtopic: Always seems to be just interest in "Power training". HR is neglected to the point of non existence, everyone seems to think it does not matter, but it is just as (and in some cases more) important than power...

You should be doing your testing for HR as much as you are for pwr.

Hijack off. :P

HR is important in power training.

Not to be discarded at all.

Why?

I dont even wear my HR belt anymore...

Edited by rouxtjie