AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Yeah, the WTB 2.3 is a BIG tire. Bigger than a Minion 2.5. And that's large. Weirwolf or wolverine for the back? I run a weirwolf (more aggressive) at the back and must say I'm pleasantly surprised that such an aggressive tire does so well at the back. At the front it's amazing as well...

definitely the Wierwolf, i like to know i am planted to the trail no matter what, the back of the bike slipping makes me nervous, i know the wolverine is a cx/am tire but the Wierwolf is, as they say, Aggressive XC / All Mountain / Enduro so i feel it would offer better grip.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i made a move from my favorite tires of all( continental Mountain King 2 UST)to WTB bronsons recently, they are 2.3 but i swear they look bigger than my MK's at 2.4??so far they feel very similar in terms of how they handle, a little faster rolling which i put down to the closer tread pattern on the center lugs and very sticky compund.am looking to change to a WTB Wierwolf for the back but so far i love these.

post-19041-0-82265100-1384162013_thumb.jpgthe move was spurred on by buying a set of conti MK 2 protection tires and fitting them as tubeless,*** idea i must say, they were almost impossible to seat, burped very easily and felt like they were flexing in the sidewall when cornering. that being said i burped the front clean off the rim on the trail and had to fit a tube and they felt like a completely different animal so perhaps the sidewall just doesn't like running as a tubeless setup??

BEEEG volume going on there! Where do you manage to get Bronsons from, local?

Where have you been dude? The same guy who builds (y)our wheels... ;)

You told me that not so long ago and when I spoke to the guy who builds (y)our wheels said no stock until January if I remember correctly :blush:

You told me that not so long ago and when I spoke to the guy who builds (y)our wheels said no stock until January if I remember correctly :blush:

Ahhh.... that could be a problem.

That guy doesn't have any stock ;)

The tyres are so good they fly off the shelves... Unlikely to even find them at a LBS.

The tyres are so good they fly off the shelves... Unlikely to even find them at a LBS.

Some dude tried to con me to buy the 2,1" Bronson's but I might have been caught out with someone telling me "It's wide for a 2,1" tyre" before so I didn't have any of it :whistling:

Some dude tried to con me to buy the 2,1" Bronson's but I might have been caught out with someone telling me "It's wide for a 2,1" tyre" before so I didn't have any of it :whistling:

But I thought you liked 2.1" tyres.. ;)

Any suggestions for a better suited tyre for Cape Town trail conditions. I'm currently running a 2.35 Nobby Nic up front and a Conti Race King 2.1 at the back. With the trails down here I feel the back wanting to wash out a lot, so it's more a new back tyre then front.

I usually ride the Durbanville Trails and Tokai on occasion. I'm looking for something fairly fast rolling but also something that grips a bit better.

Thanks for the help.

Any suggestions for a better suited tyre for Cape Town trail conditions. I'm currently running a 2.35 Nobby Nic up front and a Conti Race King 2.1 at the back.

How do you find the NN in the front? which version NN do you have?

How do you find the NN in the front? which version NN do you have?

I have the Pacestar 3 Evo snakeskin 2.25. I love it for a front tyre, great in wet & dry conditions, awesome grip I highly recommend it. Got the same on both my bikes for a front tyre, hardtail & full sus :thumbup: I will probably look at changing too a 2.35 upfront and then move the 2.25 to the rear.

Hey nofearnofun, yeah I get them from the boys at international trade, am not sure where else stocks them, have seen at mikes bikes before but dont know of the prices, I spend a lot of time on the spruit right round the corner from jason and Jacques office so for me it's easy to drop in on my way to work etc.

I have the Pacestar 3 Evo snakeskin 2.25. I love it for a front tyre, great in wet & dry conditions, awesome grip I highly recommend it. Got the same on both my bikes for a front tyre, hardtail & full sus :thumbup: I will probably look at changing too a 2.35 upfront and then move the 2.25 to the rear.

is there a 2.35 size available, or is the next available size 2.4? in terms of longevity how would you rate you NN?