AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Looks like they are out of stock.......and it also looks like the one they had was not SG 

I know - Phone them - Their website stock and info is not up to date. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, currently running a 2.3" hr2 on the front of the trail bike with a well worn 2.2" purgatory on the rear that had seen lots of mileage.

The hr2 has been rather confidence inspiring up front, but it is time for a new rear tyre and my thoughts are to pop a 2.5" dhf minion on the front and put the hr on the back.

Anyone run the hr2 as a rear the yet.....Just concerned it might be a slow dragging the on the rear, but also looking forward to the traction to be gained.

If the rolling resistance is too much then I will just find a faster rolling tyre for the rear....wish I could find a 26er lust 2.25" ardent locally for the rear....That would be a nice trail setup with the hr2 up front

So, currently running a 2.3" hr2 on the front of the trail bike with a well worn 2.2" purgatory on the rear that had seen lots of mileage.

The hr2 has been rather confidence inspiring up front, but it is time for a new rear tyre and my thoughts are to pop a 2.5" dhf minion on the front and put the hr on the back.

Anyone run the hr2 as a rear the yet.....Just concerned it might be a slow dragging the on the rear, but also looking forward to the traction to be gained.

If the rolling resistance is too much then I will just find a faster rolling tyre for the rear....wish I could find a 26er lust 2.25" ardent locally for the rear....That would be a nice trail setup with the hr2 up front

Do yourself a favour. Try the spaz butcher up front. My findings on butcher vs. DHF: the butcher rolls faster and grips more, it doesn't have that no grip at all transition from top to side knobs that I found with the DHF.

At the rear, give the spaz slaughter a try. Nice and fast rolling with the side knobs of the butcher which hook up nicely.

The control casing can be a bit on the thin side but if you've had a purgatory on the back without problems then it will be cool. That being said I've had a butcher control on the front most of this year without any problems. The control on the rear is where I battled with the casing being too thin. Keeping in mind that most of the time I ride where it's just rocks for days.

I have tested a DHF and a magic Mary on the front but keep going green back to the butcher.

I've decided to get this set Michelin Wild Grip’R GUM-X / Wild Race‘R2 GUM-X:

Michelin-Wild-Grip-R-GUM-X-Wild-Race-R2-

I'm quite excited to try some Michelin rubber. Should be able to report back in about two weeks with my initial impressions. 

Relatively good value too, as the set works out to 75 euros.

And flippin good value too!

Definitely. I'm going to be ordering them with a few other things from bike-components.de. 

I was always under the impression that CRC was relatively well-priced, but based on what I'm ordering, bike-components undercuts CRC on every single item. Saving a lot by buying from them. I'll post a comparison once I've actually placed the order.  

Definitely. I'm going to be ordering them with a few other things from bike-components.de. 

I was always under the impression that CRC was relatively well-priced, but based on what I'm ordering, bike-components undercuts CRC on every single item. Saving a lot by buying from them. I'll post a comparison once I've actually placed the order.  

I haven't bloggt from crc in a while due to the following 3 being cheaper everytime on everything I wanted (even with their shipping costs so high) :

www.bike-discount.de

www.probikeshop.com

And bike-components

Do yourself a favour. Try the spaz butcher up front. My findings on butcher vs. DHF: the butcher rolls faster and grips more, it doesn't have that no grip at all transition from top to side knobs that I found with the DHF.

At the rear, give the spaz slaughter a try. Nice and fast rolling with the side knobs of the butcher which hook up nicely.

The control casing can be a bit on the thin side but if you've had a purgatory on the back without problems then it will be cool. That being said I've had a butcher control on the front most of this year without any problems. The control on the rear is where I battled with the casing being too thin. Keeping in mind that most of the time I ride where it's just rocks for days.

I have tested a DHF and a magic Mary on the front but keep going greekn back to the butcher.

problem is finding those Tyres in 26" format. Edited by Hairy

problem is finding those Tyres in 26" format.

You shouldn't have a problem at all. Don't walk in to a store and expect them to just have them in store. The trick is to phone a spaz dealer, ask if they have stock. If/when they say no, ask them to Check with spaz and order for you. 9 times out of 10 they are available the store just don't stock them because they don't move as fast as the less aggressive tyres.

I have found as I've moved through the wheel sizes that it's not actually a wheelsize that limits us on tyre choices.

Generally we don't get good aggressive tyres in any size due to our marathon focused market. Hopefully that is all changing though.

So I got the ibex/canis combo (2.25 FR) but looking at getting a new set of rims but the options for 26er rims is limited.

Was keen on the WTB Frequency I23 but cannot get them here but in see chain reaction has a few left but not sure if its worth the money importing them.

Any suggestions on good Trail/AM 26er rims available locally that wont break the bank? Tubeless also.

So I got the ibex/canis combo (2.25 FR) but looking at getting a new set of rims but the options for 26er rims is limited.

Was keen on the WTB Frequency I23 but cannot get them here but in see chain reaction has a few left but not sure if its worth the money importing them.

Any suggestions on good Trail/AM 26er rims available locally that wont break the bank? Tubeless also.

Dartmoor raiders on daild bikes.

Spank spikes

Those two come to mind off the bat.

You shouldn't have a problem at all. Don't walk in to a store and expect them to just have them in store. The trick is to phone a spaz dealer, ask if they have stock. If/when they say no, ask them to Check with spaz and order for you. 9 times out of 10 they are available the store just don't stock them because they don't move as fast as the less aggressive tyres.

I have found as I've moved through the wheel sizes that it's not actually a wheelsize that limits us on tyre choices.

Generally we don't get good aggressive tyres in any size due to our marathon focused market. Hopefully that is all changing though.

will try again, when those tyres came out I did have the spaz lbs check on national stock and they said it would not be coming in..Should maybe ask them to check again now a couple of months later.

will try again, when those tyres came out I did have the spaz lbs check on national stock and they said it would not be coming in..Should maybe ask them to check again now a couple of months later.

Yeah, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

"We will never make a 650b bike." :whistling: