AM tyres... what you running?

patches

http://i.imgur.com/mhYXGTq.jpg

Just bought a new set of takkies for the trail bike. This is the front tyre.

Can you guess what it is?

Michelin Wild Rock'R?

My Wild Grip'R and Race'R in the Enduro casing are bloody tough tekkies.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic Mary can do everything needed for trail duty bud.. don't waist anymore money :-)

Edited by TAAHIRWP

My Wild Grip'R and Race'R in the Enduro casing are bloody tough tekkies.

How do you find them? Good enough to buy again instead of trying something else?

I'm sure. I just think these are a more imaginative choice. I see more value in trying something different for myself and seeing the results as apposed to just going with what everyone likes.

Just joking..

On a other note. The commuter has now had a purgatory in GRiD version. 2.3 wide. It is light and very nice!

Also, I had about 40km on a 2.25 trail boss (with a tube). Very nice too. Rolls much faster than the purgatory. I'm yet to push the tyre though... will give it some more time. It's heavy though.

Note I used both tyres on the front.. but at different times. The Boss has short centre knobs and high side knobs.. probably why it rolls so well. Also nice under braking.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Gonna need your feedback on them, mate. 

Also - sauce?

I opted for DHL express through CRC for only R100 more than usual shipping.

So it should be here soon enough for me to slap em on.

The Wolverine on my rear is probably 50% done (my second one) and I'm a little tired of the Bronson in front. Its not a bad tyre. Its just not great. Especially in the dusty conditions we've been having lately.

In your defense they look very similar...

Agreed... I was very surprised how similar they look! 

Agreed... I was very surprised how similar they look! 

The recipe to a good tyre is very simple. But it's amazing how little differences in block height, positioning, shape & siping make to the performance when things get gnarly. Not to mention the compound and casing.

If you have a look at all the great AM tyres, they all look very similar. Minion vs Bontrager vs Magic vs e13 vs Grip'r & Rock'r vs Der Kaiser. 

I think my next tyre is going to be the old standard Minion. 2.5WT DoubleDown 3c MaxxGrip. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

How do you find them? Good enough to buy again instead of trying something else?

Fantastic tyres. Heavy, but bloody indestructible. I wore my Race'R down and then took both tyres of my HT and put the stock non-EXO TR High Roller IIs on.

The only thing I found was that the tyres don't have very tall sidewalls and they tend to lower your bike a tad (marginally, really) compared to, say, Maxxis rubber.

Ooh, come to think of it, maybe I could take the Der Baron off of my rear wheel on my Swoop, chuck on the Grip'R, which is about 70% and free up some rolling speed. Hmmmm.

The recipe to a good tyre is very simple. But it's amazing how little differences in block height, positioning, shape & siping make to the performance when things get gnarly. Not to mention the compound and casing.

If you have a look at all the great AM tyres, they all look very similar. Minion vs Bontrager vs Magic vs e13 vs Grip'r & Rock'r vs Der Kaiser. 

I think my next tyre is going to be the old standard Minion. 2.5WT DoubleDown 3c MaxxGrip. 

I'm aching to try a 2.5" DHF, but first have to kill my existing rubber. Hopefully I can do it before summer rolls along.

I'm aching to try a 2.5" DHF, but first have to kill my existing rubber. Hopefully I can do it before summer rolls along.

Used to have the old Super Tacky 2.5's on my DH bike of olde. Loved them.