AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Also - stitch the cut shut with some dental floss. I'm not kidding.

Muzzarati did some pretty good needlework himself to fix a cut on his sidewall. Not sure if he used DF. NoFearnoFun: maybe ask him what he did?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - stitch the cut shut with some dental floss. I'm not kidding.

Muzzarati did some pretty good needlework himself to fix a cut on his sidewall. Not sure if he used DF. NoFearnoFun: maybe ask him what he did?

The last and only tyre I stitched with dental floss and patched only held out for a few tech sections and drop offs before the floss tore through the rubber...

The last and only tyre I stitched with dental floss and patched only held out for a few tech sections and drop offs before the floss tore through the rubber...

muzza's needlepoint is still holding up pretty good considering how hard he rides. I had my doubts, but he did a superb job. Between some stitches, and that backing rubber bit, it should seal.

Muzza says he used cotton instead: says dental floss doesn't stretch like cotton. I think some compliance is key here. Sharp lad.

True...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

If you use a nice solid patch, like a slightly more substantial MotoX tube patch maybe, and you fit the patch correctly/proper prep of the area that should be enough? The pressure of the air is pushing the patch onto the hole and if you do the patch properly they stick like crazy? How big is the hole?

• 4 weeks later...

I need to buy some new tyres for my Trance X2 26er. Running Nobby Nic's at the moment, but thinking about putting a Hans Dampf up front. What are the thoughts on this combo these days? Any draw backs?

I won't put the HD on the back as they are a bit slow rolling, and I still ride up the hills to go down.

Muzza says he used cotton instead: says dental floss doesn't stretch like cotton. I think some compliance is key here. Sharp lad.

I have successfully used the cotton / thread that they use to stitch tents with.

Had minimal to no success with dental floss....actually think that due to the material it is and it's nature, it actually cuts through the side wall.

I need to buy some new tyres for my Trance X2 26er. Running Nobby Nic's at the moment, but thinking about putting a Hans Dampf up front. What are the thoughts on this combo these days? Any draw backs?

I won't put the HD on the back as they are a bit slow rolling, and I still ride up the hills to go down.

Maybe wait and bit till you can get your hands on the 2015 Nobby Nic's, the reviews seem good:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/schwalbe-2015-nobby-nic-review.html

I have successfully used the cotton / thread that they use to stitch tents with.

Had minimal to no success with dental floss....actually think that due to the material it is and it's nature, it actually cuts through the side wall.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't have that tire anymore, so I can't comment...