AM tyres... what you running?

patches

sounds like the lad's back to full strength: very good to hear! Ever consider signing the lad u for some XC races like the Spur Schools challenges, not to mention the enduro races? It's clear the boy can ride a bike. maybe time to increase the challenge instead of chasing us old farts down the hills?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like the lad's back to full strength: very good to hear! Ever consider signing the lad u for some XC races like the Spur Schools challenges, not to mention the enduro races? It's clear the boy can ride a bike. maybe time to increase the challenge instead of chasing us old farts down the hills?

Chasing? I just unleash him at the top and he waits for me at the bottom.

Since meeting you bunch of bad influences he has lost interest in xc and only wants to point downhill and go lol.

Enduro May very well be his thing.

I must say the look on people's faces when he lashes past them as they walk a section is priceless, most to be fair have a huge smile to go with the 'how the...' look.

Edit - that should say #Enduro. I don't want to upset anybody [emoji1]

Edited by marko35s

when i said chasing, i was not referring to you. clearly that's long ago over :P 

(pls dont slash my marys :P )

XC events mostly for fitness. Enduro for fun. I look forward to seeing the lad for next year's gravity season.

when i said chasing, i was not referring to you. clearly that's long ago over :P

(pls dont slash my marys :P )

XC events mostly for fitness. Enduro for fun. I look forward to seeing the lad for next year's gravity season.

He looks forward to you pitching up - we must make a plan.

And yes chasing me is long gone, I am at peace with that now.

Also have 8 Vittoria/Geax GOMA AM 650Bx2.4s at R650incl p/tire

post-36678-0-86131700-1417601989_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-67751500-1417601991_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-29769700-1417601993_thumb.jpg

New set of Mavic CrossMax Enduro 650B WTS with an extra set of Mavic 2.4 Quest tires - R12K including shipping ;)

PM me

post-36678-0-58147100-1417602375_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-29940100-1417602381_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-29763800-1417602386_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-83411000-1417602388_thumb.jpg

I am lookng at a replacement for my Maxxis Ardent when it eventually gives in - currently running a 2.25 - but want a 2.4.

I see that Continental have a 2.4, in their range (also currently on sale at most retailers) - I have heard of issues with their sidewalls though.

Also, what would be a good alternative to the Crossmark I have on the rear?

marko35s - did I maybe see you on Vasbyt a while ago? I borrowed someone a multitool to do a repair on a kid's bike that he was riding with.

marko35s - did I maybe see you on Vasbyt a while ago? I borrowed someone a multitool to do a repair on a kid's bike that he was riding with.

It's possible but I have landed on my head so many times I struggle to remember anything these days. I don't remember Ben's bike breaking recently but as I said about my memory...

If it helps he rides a black and red anthem.

I recall the gentleman was wearing a W2W shirt.

Not me then, I'm nowhere near fit or trendy enough for that [emoji1]

• 3 weeks later...

I have been running the continental rubber queen 2.4 for a while now and the 2.25 maxxis ardent at the back. This particular conti is extremely grippy up front and I had to do alot to make it slip. However the ardents were not so great. They offer alot of speed and some decent grip, but they wash out very easily. Riding thru sand whether thick deep or shallow the ardents would always loose alot of traction to throw me into a drift which at times is not the desired effect.

Now I have changed my tires to a conti again after reading numerous user reviews on maxxis high rollers minions, onzas, wtb etc I have settled again for a conti upfront due to its ability to be a a dry and a wet weather tyre. This time I managed to locate a tyre locally that I was desperately trying to find which is the Conti De kaiser projekt 2.4 and not the De Kaiser. At the back I decided to go for a conti x king mainly because this is what I have so didnt have to fork out more cash. The DKP is an awesome tyre. Reinforced sidewalls so one can really run very low pressure with out the tyre burbing or rolling over itself.

I have only had one ride so far and must admit that it does feel like I am gonna have alot of fun. The tyre is well balanced holds a line very well, offers insane grip. I ran wide alot some by accident some on purpose just to feel what the bike is doing. I even ran over large rocks on my climb and this tyre just rolled over it no slipping and no worries about feeling it into the rim due to the strong side walls. With the x king on the back the bike felt lighter and faster. There was no vagueness like with the ardent. Even riding thru sand I was very impressed with the traction of both tyres.

Now I know alot of you like to schwalbe, maxxis, onza wtb tyre ranges, but u should give the DKP a try also note that the only other tyres I have ridden were kendas incl nevegal and the ardents so I cannot comment about the other options. but for me the dkp is tops

I rode in tokai this afternoon just so that u guys can understand the terrain I am referring to which I am doing my comparison on. I cannot wait to get back out there to push the limits as far as my skill will allow me

Edited by Eddy Gordo