patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 words.

Magic Mary Super Gravity Vertstar

Problem is here in Bloem a crossmark is seen as a aggressive tyre and a fast trac is a super aggressive tyre... Not even mentioning getting 26" tyres.

So I need feedback on the DHR 2 specifically as a front coz theres actually 2 available in a LBS here and I think I should grab them..

Problem is here in Bloem a crossmark is seen as a aggressive tyre and a fast trac is a super aggressive tyre... Not even mentioning getting 26" tyres.

So I need feedback on the DHR 2 specifically as a front coz theres actually 2 available in a LBS here and I think I should grab them..

Ok

I have a DHR 2 on the front, rolls well, grips well ............. I have only used it on two rides so far, but all in all it feels rather decent.

This morning was a wet and slippery/muddy ride, tyre performed well enough that I never knew it was there or had to adjust my riding to compensate for it in any way.

Go get the tyres I would say.

http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/images/Maxxis-Minion%20DHR%20II-240.jpg

Ok

I have a DHR 2 on the front, rolls well, grips well ............. I have only used it on two rides so far, but all in all it feels rather decent.

This morning was a wet and slippery/muddy ride, tyre performed well enough that I never knew it was there or had to adjust my riding to compensate for it in any way.

Go get the tyres I would say.

http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/images/Maxxis-Minion%20DHR%20II-240.jpg

Thats the one!

Thanks Hairy for the feedback! Do you also have a 2.3? What are you running at the back?

Appreciate it!

Get them then. Or order some others in from overseas... 

Get them then. Or order some others in from overseas...

I was asleep... My tyres are gaar! So don't have the time to order now really..

You don't like them EL Capitan? Should I rather stick out the slicks and order from CRC?

Thats the one!

Thanks Hairy for the feedback! Do you also have a 2.3? What are you running at the back?

Appreciate it!

2.3" up front and a 2.2" Purgatory on the rear.

The Purgatory shows as a larger volume vs the DHR2 funny enough.

Might still try the 2.3" DHR2 on the rear with the 2.5" Minion DHF on the front now for winter.

http://www.downcycles.com/store/images/maxxis_minion_dhf2.jpg

2.3" up front and a 2.2" Purgatory on the rear.

The Purgatory shows as a larger volume vs the DHR2 funny enough.

Might still try the 2.3" DHR2 on the rear with the 2.5" Minion DHF on the front now for winter.

http://www.downcycles.com/store/images/maxxis_minion_dhf2.jpg

Cool thanks Hairy!

I was asleep... My tyres are gaar! So don't have the time to order now really..

You don't like them EL Capitan? Should I rather stick out the slicks and order from CRC?

GAH! That sucks!

No, I can't say - I haven't tried them. But I know that Maxxis 2.3's are relatively narrow. I've ridden the DHF quite a lot, and I liked it. But it's nowhere near as grippy and strong as the Magic Mary super gravity. Which are like hens' teeth. 

Having said that - If you're ordering online, there's a lot more choice for you. I just go towards Schwalbe though. Personally

The minions are good tyres. Ample grip and quite predictable. Should be good for Bloem. 

Might be a little bit heavy and they don't roll super fast but it's a fair trade.

GAH! That sucks!

No, I can't say - I haven't tried them. But I know that Maxxis 2.3's are relatively narrow. I've ridden the DHF quite a lot, and I liked it. But it's nowhere near as grippy and strong as the Magic Mary super gravity. Which are like hens' teeth.

Having said that - If you're ordering online, there's a lot more choice for you. I just go towards Schwalbe though. Personally

I don't understand all Schwalbe's terminology... Which do I order then? Pacestar, trailstar, snakeskin, sg, varkvel... Who knows ????

I need a proper sidewall though thats the most important thing for the little trails we have here.. Plenty of rocks and hard pack surface.. And I do need to pedal a odd 40km to join the two single track spots we have here. So the 2.3 would be fine

The minions are good tyres. Ample grip and quite predictable. Should be good for Bloem.

Might be a little bit heavy and they don't roll super fast but it's a fair trade.

I'm luckly not to concerned about weight. Grip and then rolling resistance yes..

Thanks Maxxis

I just looked at CRC, for the DHF tyre I can spend R2 more than the listed price (Shipping and VAT not included in the difference) and get it from my LBS .........

Yeah. CRC isn't that great for tires.

Enjoi - why not get hold of one of the shops down here or Jason at the trail head? Sure they can get you something

Whatever you find up in JHB I can maybe help with getting them to Bloem next week. My brother is going down.