Okay this is what i do......

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubbers get a discount of exactly how many percent?

lead time is 6 months.... No discounts here, just stand in line and be grateful!

That sounds expensive...

With 2 boys almost finished with school and about to study further, it's likely to be a window shopping and lots of talk visit. Now, if I sell all their bikes, some of my own, a kidney from the Mrs.......perhaps! :D

With 2 boys almost finished with school and about to study further, it's likely to be a window shopping and lots of talk visit. Now, if I sell all their bikes, some of my own, a kidney from the Mrs.......perhaps! :D

She really only needs one... 

Next time I'm in London, I'll at LEAST go for a visit! :thumbup:

if you do .... be a good man and take him some biltong and other SA goodies with will you....maybe the hub SA can also send him a t-shirt ;)

• 9 months later...

Excuse the profanities “ **** man - this is amazing!!!!!!!”  

So this is @danfromnam and he is on Saffron which is been racing at the Commonwealth games tomorrow. 

We are over the moon that Dan has chosen to race on a stainless steel Saffron at this level. I am still doing double takes when I see photos of the bike and realise what this signifies. 

We have partnered with @columbus_official who supplied us with a set of XCR tubes. @campagnolosrl has supported us with supplying us with a Super Record groupset and Bora Ultra wheels. @fabriccycling have come to the party with an ALM saddle and tape.

We are so stoked to how this build has turned out. 

Dan’s feedback: 

Do you know that feeling, when something suddenly makes you feel like a little kid again?

In a nutshell - that’s my bike.

My first ride on the bike was upon arrival in Australia for the Commonwealth Games. Groggy and tired from 32 hours of flying time, I went out for an easy test ride, and just to stretch my legs along the Gold Coast beach front. 40km, multiple town-sign-sprints and red light standing starts later I rolled back to the Athletes Village with a huge grin on my face.

The geometry Matt and I decided to use makes this bike nippy - and oh so much fun. Unlike other bikes I have ridden which, might be a bit “easier” to handle - but are therefor a bit… well… boring. Of course, being my first stainless steel bike - I can not in all honesty say how much that has to do with the geometry and how much has to do with the material.

Or as I suspect - it’s a combination of both. After all, thats why we chose to build with this material in this way.

And that’s just talking about the ride.

I’ve always been a huge fan of chromed or stainless bikes. Shiny chain stays especially. So having a whole bike built just the way I want it makes me seriously happy. The dreezer dropouts are my favourite (seriously - if you prefer a different type of dropout I do not understand you). The straight, chunky head tube just makes for such a clean and solid look that I really think is timeless and classic - without being in an old-school way. In my eyes, all of the tube diameters are in perfect relation to each other (something that often ruins otherwise perfect steel bikes in my opinion). All topped off with the subtle sandblasted and shiny look. Once again, classy, subtle and just utterly beautiful! 

I still can’t believe I own this bike.

Ha - and I’ve completely left out the rest of the bike.

30714260_1637785029631938_28531331549425

30688460_1637785046298603_76068442640922

This is @danfromnam bike which we have made for him to race at the Commonwealth games tomorrow at 12:30 Aus time. Keep your eye peeled to the telly to see this stainless steel beauty in action. This is a killer build! It comes in just over 7kg. Not bad for a big ass steel bike!

30724871_1637873799623061_29964666613572