Pieterg

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Castrol gtx, and yes I am seriaas

ive heard people using it but cant get myself using it :blush:

I use Motul MX off-road chain lube - seems to work fine for me. Haven't had any issues to date. Must use the off-road stuff though, the on-road stuff seems to form a real stiff mix which messes up the changes...

Spray and Cook, but the Olive Oil version. It smells better at 60kmh...

SeriaaZ ?

ive heard people using it but cant get myself using it :blush:

same here, I have every lube under the sun and must first work trough them before I will use castrol

My collection includes

Boshield T9

Squirt

Muc-off wet

Muc-off dry

Pedros synth

Finishline wet

Purple extreme

Motorex

Used castrol once, and yes it works just as well as the others....blerrie marketing

What is the best Chain lube for MTB and where can I buy bulk(1Lt-5Lt).To pay R100 for 100ml is crazy,Please Help

I had this gripe with Squirt, love their product but its a pain in the ass to have to buy tiny little bottles (and for those who recycle, if you take each empty bottle leave it upside down overnight and decant the remaining liquid into an old bottle, after about 7 bottles you will have a full one again!). When I asked them why they did not offer larger bottles they had no comment really other than to advise me not to use so much!!! :huh:

However a LBS said they could order me a larger bottle as Squirt makes bigger bottles for workshop use and not for retail. Makes no sense to me why they do this.

I hasten to add I use Squirt in predominantly dry and dusty conditions.

Edited by Mojoman

Use Castrol Chain Wax - Available at any motorcycle store. Spray on and wipe off any excess. It's synthetic, water resistant and dirt doesn't stick to it easy.

http://www.indysuperbike.com/img/Bel-Ray/br-cl.jpg

I use this now. you used to get a wax version which was very nice, no sticky residue. basically it was a dry lybe, worked great. this is more like the castrol chain lube.

Castrol gtx, and yes I am seriaas

awwwww come on guy ....u been serious ?? where u hear about this / tried it?

awwwww come on guy ....u been serious ?? where u hear about this / tried it?

dead serious...gave it a try for one of my VG to breedts and back training sessions(100 od km's)...works very well. If you can get it into a lekker applicator bottle you are laughing. But like i said, I need to work through my current stash before using it again, by my calculations it will be 2031