So I just payed off my car

MariusC

And I am very happy about it but now i need to register it on my name. Got the papers from the bank. Does anybody know how much it costs to register the car on your name, as I never carry cash on me and don't know if they accept cards at the licensing department

I just did this the other day.

1st - not all depts will do it.

2nd - Its a little over R100 if I recall

3rd - some places do and some dont take cards, and even those that do sometimes have machine failures.

now that you have spare cash, help me pay off mine in less time? halfies?

Let me first finish the wifes car and then maybe in your wildest dreams :devil:

I have much wilder dreams than that! :whistling:

#justsaying

I firmly believe in paying off a car and driving it for at least a few years before getting a new one. I hate car payments.

I firmly believe in paying off a car and driving it for at least a few years before getting a new one. I hate car payments.

+1

I hate feeling the same way... I really want a hilux, and it will suit my lifestyle better than my tazz, but that will mean paying a car off for the next 3 years. Instead I'll just keep saving (and then spending the savings on the house instead of a car :-P )

I always worry about a vehicle outside warrantee. It can cost an arm and a leg if something breaks.

I hate money - I always seem to give everything away..I donate to Cycle Lab, CWC, Buycycle, Sasol, Caltex, Spar.

See, I'm a good guy.

I always worry about a vehicle outside warrantee. It can cost an arm and a leg if something breaks.

Yip, german luxury sedans could cost an arm and leg to keep on the road after 120,000km...and try and trade it in after the maintenance plan and you will get a peanuts.

Bought a new car this week, did all the math ito keeping my current car vs new, maintenance, pro's and con's etc etc and for me the new car worked out to be the better plan even though I can buy a streetwise two for what they offered me as trade-in on the current cab

Yip agreed i paid my car off 4 years ago and was about to upgrade to a newer better shiner one and keep the payments rolling at R3500 pm, then i decided to keep driving her and see how it was to have extra cash. Now its 4 years later and i have saved a whopping R168k. I have a share portfolio, i have renovated my kitchen and bathroom and i still have my car and its still runs fine (toyota keeps on going). Best decision i have ever made.