Add your Noob Questions

The Ghost

I have a 3x10, is it possible to change the largest chainring for a larger one without changing the other 2 or without other mods?

like changing from a 42t to a 44t? - sure you can, but you will have to adjust your front deraileur

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. All too often I feel that I'm just spinning when in the biggest gear, and I want to go faster.

I'm running 2x10 and when I'm quite far down the cassette and change to my big cock/cog my chain comes off.

Will a chain tensioner help?

Yup you can get a little Blackspire Stinger BB mount roller for the 2 blade setup. I run one on my AM bike and haven't dropped a chain yet. They're pretty cheap top, and come in various colours. Search for it on CRC

Thanks!

Have a BB30. Will it fit or does it not make a difference?

Found them on CRC. Very cheap!

Thanks!

Have a BB30. Will it fit or does it not make a difference?

Found them on CRC. Very cheap!

umm.. I think BB30 might be a problem. BB mount devices are usually meant to work with external cup BBs. I don't suppose you have ISCG tabs?!

umm.. I think BB30 might be a problem. BB mount devices are usually meant to work with external cup BBs. I don't suppose you have ISCG tabs?!

Any1 ever tried these ,been interested to get 1

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/11453.jpg

Really don't know what those are?

Any1 ever tried these ,been interested to get 1

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/11453.jpg

Yup, I used those on my 1st 2 bikes. Work great! Also require external cup BBs though. I have a spare one lying around if you're keen you're welcome to it. It's ISCG OLD, not ISCG 05 just in case you have a specific chainguide in mind. Also, most e*thirteen guides come with the BB mount adapter.

Really don't know what those are?

ISCG tabs are 3 bosses with threaded holes, positioned around the BB in order to mount a chainguide. There are 2 standard sizes, ISCG OLD and ISCG 05. The difference between the 2 is that ISCG 05 tabs have a larger PCD (pitch circle diameter)

They look like this

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2052/3857291200_5102560cd7.jpg

and with chainguide mounted

http://images50.fotki.com/v1528/photos/5/886335/7678923/DSC_0523-vi.jpg

Edited by patches

Thanks. Will have to look when I get home next week. Unless you know if cannondales have them?

Thanks. Will have to look when I get home next week. Unless you know if cannondales have them?

which cannondale?

RZ one twenty 2011

Sorry Smolster, the Rize won't have ISCG tabs. Whilst more and more frames these days have them, they're more common on AM, FR, DH, Slopestyle and dirt jump bikes.

Sorry Smolster, the Rize won't have ISCG tabs. Whilst more and more frames these days have them, they're more common on AM, FR, DH, Slopestyle and dirt jump bikes.

Thanks for your help! So what would you suggest I do?

I just want to be 100% sure before spending money.

I have non IceTech XT centerlock rotors on the SS. Looking at buying Hope brakes.

This should work right?