Gatorskin vs Michelin Krylion Carbon vsVittoria Diamante Pro Light Tyre

Zatek

Looking for a new all rounder tyre. I have 2 sets of wheels one is used on my roller and the other set is used for racing and I will it take out now and again on the road.

Currently I have gatorskin tyres but if you get a puncture it takes a while to change a tube and in a race I don't ride with a spare tube. I might start to.

1st race is the race for victory and there is 2x 900m section of dirt road to keep in mind.

Thanks for the input.

Edited by Zatek

Currently I have gatorskin tyres but if you get a puncture it takes a while to change a tube and in a race I don't ride with a spare tube. I might start to.

You don't carry a spare tube during races but your worried about tire choice and the length of time it will take to ... Not sure what do you do?

Do you fix the puncture with patch and glue then or bum a tube from some other sod?

You don't carry a spare tube during races but your worried about tire choice and the length of time it will take to ... Not sure what do you do?

Do you fix the puncture with patch and glue then or bum a tube from some other sod?

So far I only had 2 punctures while training but not in a race (touch wood). Looking for a good puncture resistance tyre with less rolling resistance.

There is a reason almost all riders use Gaters... For the price they have great puncture resistance and are a lot better than most other tyres for grip!

I will always use these tyres, and they last for 1000's of kilometers...

For races I use the conti GP4000 tubbies

Looking for a new all rounder tyre. I have 2 sets of wheels one is used on my roller and the other set is used for racing and I will it take out now and again on the road.

1st race is the race for victory and there is 2x 900m section of dirt road to keep in mind.

Thanks for the input.

is there still going to be the dirt section now that the route has changed...?

Yes

Sand road encountered after 3.6 km for 900m duration and again at the 106 km mark with 4 km remaining. No need to

dismount at all – easily rideable at high speed but follow your own line – some Paris Roubaix experience.

Yes

Sand road encountered after 3.6 km for 900m duration and again at the 106 km mark with 4 km remaining. No need to

dismount at all – easily rideable at high speed but follow your own line – some Paris Roubaix experience.

OK, training wheels (with gatorskins) for me then.... I saw too much carnage last time - rideable as it may be.

Edited by dracs

I will always use these tyres, and they last for 1000's of kilometers...

For races I use the conti GP4000 tubbies

I race GP 4000 and train on Gators. Best combo by far for the roads i ride in the KZN midlands.

Edited by BMXER

Michelin Pro3 Race

Not in my experience (maybe I have only had bad luck). I wrote off 2 Pro3's in the last fortnight. Picking up Gatorskin later today...

I have found them pretty prone to punctures, but they do roll well.

GP4000 seems to fit the bill for the OP - they are pretty puncture resistant, but roll very well indeed

I put new Gators on for Argus. Had one punture since then. Good grip but I find in the wet they a bit slippery at high speed especially on the downhill. If I had to buy for races I would go with the GP4000s. Reviews on the net say they give better grip than Gators but not recommended for training as they not that hard wearing..

I put new Gators on for Argus. Had one punture since then. Good grip but I find in the wet they a bit slippery at high speed especially on the downhill. If I had to buy for races I would go with the GP4000s. Reviews on the net say they give better grip than Gators but not recommended for training as they not that hard wearing..

100% correct

• 3 weeks later...

Vittoria pro-lights are just that very light but I had a set that came with the new wheels I bought

After 3 rides around the Peninsula the rear was full of cuts, so a pure race tyre if you've got good backup

A good tyre to weigh your bike with..

the front lasted about 5 rides more, only 1 puncture but plenty cuts