Cycling in the Dark

Longbarn Killer

This has been brought up before, but I'm going to mention it again. There seems to be a bit of a trend in PE at the moment. It was even mentioned in Bicycling magazine (or was it Ride). Cyclists riding in the dark without rear lights. I see it almost every day as I leave for work in the dark. They have massive flood lights on the front, but nothing on the rear.

This morning, whilst commuting to work in the pitch dark, I was over taken by a young lady on a Dogma (at least it looked like one, but couldn’t see too well in the dark). She had a floodlight on the front of her bike, but absolutely nothing on the rear.

If anybody knows her (there can’t be too many Dogma owners in PE), please tell her to cough up R100 or so and get a tail light. It is for her safety.

I know of somebody who was training early on a Saturday morning, without lights and was hit by a car. It was not very pleasant.

This has been brought up before, but I'm going to mention it again. There seems to be a bit of a trend in PE at the moment. It was even mentioned in Bicycling magazine (or was it Ride). Cyclists riding in the dark without rear lights. I see it almost every day as I leave for work in the dark. They have massive flood lights on the front, but nothing on the rear.

This morning, whilst commuting to work in the pitch dark, I was over taken by a young lady on a Dogma (at least it looked like one, but couldn’t see too well in the dark). She had a floodlight on the front of her bike, but absolutely nothing on the rear.

If anybody knows her (there can’t be too many Dogma owners in PE), please tell her to cough up R100 or so and get a tail light. It is for her safety.

I know of somebody who was training early on a Saturday morning, without lights and was hit by a car. It was not very pleasant.

weren't you perhaps to mesmerised with her rear and she in fact did have a light?

weren't you perhaps to mesmerised with her rear and she in fact did have a light?

Cyclists are the only type of people that don't notice sexy women. They are always too busy looking at the bikes. Didn't I mention it was a Dogma?

I think the rear light is even more important than the front light.

Front and rear is very important.

Cyclists are the only type of people that don't notice sexy women. They are always too busy looking at the bikes. Didn't I mention it was a Dogma?

I am not so sure if i look at some of the avatars and pic popping up on the hub.

I am not so sure if i look at some of the avatars and pic popping up on the hub.

We are not cycling when on the hub, so ladies are more obvious :ph34r: