Which 29er to buy?

Troskie C

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momsen AL729 comes in at R19990 - FULL XT - brakes everything with Crest Wheels - Tubeless conversion

Cannot beat that !!!!

Weight is quote at just over 11kgs

I have one and bought it for R19500.0 from a guy that paid R22000. for it .There is an ad on the hub selling for R20000.0 new .Cannot get anything better specced than this .I also considered scott and giant xtc .The momsen has everything you want Good carbon fram e XT all around .Decent wheels with tubeless tyres . 11kg for large frame=xl aluminium size.Even the saddle did not need to be swopped Edited by arendoog

Looking to buy a 29er +/- R17000 question go for brand I know like Merida TFS XT D 29ER, Scott Elite, Silverback Vida 1 or what about the Titan 29R Carbon Race can get it for R16 500 dont know the brand.

Give us a call for the best prices in Cape Town.

• 2 months later...

I'm planning to buy a entry level MTB 29er soon. What MTB would you say is best out of this lot?

Giant Talen 0

Merinda Big 9

Titan Elite D

Thanx

The one tha you like best after riding it. Any number of people can tell you what they think but at the end of the day your ass will sit in the saddle and pedal.

Test them all and see what you like. Make sure the shop selling the bike sets it up properly.

The Titan is actually a Merida and half the price.

You can get a Titan carbon race 29er with great components for around R 16500

Out of those the giant is the best, and most responsive, the merida is deadfoot, and the titan is value for money but not great. But rather see if you can afford a XTC.

I'm planning to buy a entry level MTB 29er soon. What MTB would you say is best out of this lot?

Giant Talen 0

Merinda Big 9

Titan Elite D

Thanx

Check which has the best specs - groupset and fork....

Silverback maybe... Vida 3 or 4 should be around those price categories. Vida 2 is good value for money IMO