Walkerville MTB Classic 15 July

FASST

I had a "Lam Boud" leg swollen and couldn't use my leg for the last 500m..Bib,jacket gone and frame dent wheel buckle so ja that was bad

You still beat me by 10mins!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did wel :thumbup: :clap: jcza .Please give us your times hubbers.I just can't believe people can cycle with a sigle speed I used all my gears yesterday all 30 of them.Thumbs up for single speeders :clap: :clap:

2:45 - legs were tired after Nissan on Sat & knee was sore from crash and it was freezing! Otherwise it was fantastic, especially the climb right at the start.

Yip, seriously uncool for organisers not to mark that last drop off. It's a blind rise, and one would think it's a whoop with no danger signs anywhere :thumbdown:

The poor dude in front of my husband took a bad dive. Maybe you, Pieterg? On the 60km?

The comm was under the impression it was marked untill he was told otherwise. That's why they sent out the guy with the bullhorn.

Could have been me on the 60km .Big Nine Merida was flying the last 20km but the landing was not Good

mmmmmm it just says not available when I open it .....

Seriously Bennie???? 2:30. You and Wendell need to start slowing down and give us youngsters a chance at being in the top 50. It getting ridiculous now, I may have to slap some gears on my bike just so you dont but an hour into me on the next one.

Oh and I think we need a CSA ruling on this 650b nonsense it must be an unfair advantage. Haha

Well done.

Seriously Bennie???? 2:30. You and Wendell need to start slowing down and give us youngsters a chance at being in the top 50. It getting ridiculous now, I may have to slap some gears on my bike just so you dont but an hour into me on the next one.

Oh and I think we need a CSA ruling on this 650b nonsense it must be an unfair advantage. Haha

Well done.

IT.IS.ABOUT.THE.BIKE Ahmed :whistling: ;)

You did wel :thumbup: :clap: jcza .Please give us your times hubbers.I just can't believe people can cycle with a sigle speed I used all my gears yesterday all 30 of them.Thumbs up for single speeders :clap: :clap:

40km 27th Place 2:08 on Single Speed - Black Cube

2H28... (60/52km)

Although they haven't got my result on the system yet...

Edited by mrbaker

Had to laugh at the oke at the start that said 'anyone not wearing leggings and a jacket today doesn't own them ....' - Always good to race on your local training routes, well a lot of it as some of those as they stated are normally 'out of bounds'! Had our run ins with those gents in the past (dogs, bakkies and guns ....)

1st time ever I registered for a race, pitched and decided not to race!!! :eek: I just did not want to take the chance of getting sick before the Jock....at least I did the 70km Cullinan race on Saturday and the legs felt good!! :whistling:

It was moer koud (that wind took the temperature well below zero!!)....kudos to everyone that did the race!! hats off to you!!! :thumbup:

Enjoyed the race and was glad to see the finish line...BUT.....

If I pay for a 60 km event and it ends up being 51.9 kms then am I entitled to feel like I've been shafted somewhere along the way ?

Anyone know if the Consumer Protection Act could be enforced against event organisers who do not fulfil the advertised distance for events ? Seems to me this is becoming a common occurrence.

Enjoyed the race and was glad to see the finish line...BUT.....

If I pay for a 60 km event and it ends up being 51.9 kms then am I entitled to feel like I've been shafted somewhere along the way ?

Anyone know if the Consumer Protection Act could be enforced against event organisers who do not fulfil the advertised distance for events ? Seems to me this is becoming a common occurrence.

Joking???

Edited by amoryns