Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the funny thing is the spaz groupies will be throwing their panties at this new 'rock star' while lining up to get rogered.

Next thing the spaz guys will be saying that the Big S also brought us dropper posts :) ... or it will get and "integrated" tool kit and be called revolutionary

the funny thing is the spaz groupies will be throwing their panties at this new 'rock star' while lining up to get rogered.

I think KS has a lightweight post with 65mm drop for XC racing. That would make much more sense. Not sure if it's available yet... I tend to only look at models with at least 125 - 150mm.

Next thing the spaz guys will be saying that the Big S also brought us dropper posts :) ... or it will get and "integrated" tool kit and be called revolutionary

They did invent the Command post. The dropper which can slam your nuts so hard you get instant tonsillitis. :P

Wahahahahaha!!!Spaz groupies.

I think KS has a lightweight post with 65mm drop for XC racing. That would make much more sense. Not sure if it's available yet... I tend to only look at models with at least 125 - 150mm.

it's on their site already

Jissus, that's sound fantastic - where do I sign up? Yours in Patents, Spazzz Groupie

With the growing popularity of 1x single ring drivetrains and hacks that use the ergonomically awesome placement of traditional shifters to control dropper posts, KS created the Southpaw. It’s a left hand, below-the-bar thumb lever that’s similar in size and placement to a traditional shifter lever that’ll control their dropper posts.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/09/04/eb14-ks-lev-ci-carbon-xc-dropper-post-debuts-plus-new-bars-stems-posts-pulled-from-ether/

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/KS-Suspension-southpaw-left-handed-bottom-mount-dropper-post-remote01-600x399.jpg

• 1 month later...

Happy with my Reverb Stealth. If you follow the instructions it bleeds properly. The remote is a bit of a thumb stretch if using 2x10 but then so would everything else.

It is not as if you drop the post more often than changing gear..

Maybe in future Shimano/SRAM will integrate a mounting for dropper remotes on their shifter/brake clamps- now that would be forward thinking.....

Happy with my Reverb Stealth. If you follow the instructions it bleeds properly. The remote is a bit of a thumb stretch if using 2x10 but then so would everything else.

Maybe in future Shimano/SRAM will integrate a mounting for dropper remotes on their shifter/brake clamps- now that would be forward thinking.....

I have always run my KS lever closer to the grip than the shifter. Works well.

They have JXV - reverb clamp can take some avid brakes as well as a threaded bracket for the shifter.

Nifty, but the ergonomics is always suited to everyone's setup