Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

Stevief,

I am trying to see what results the Spez command post has been producing.

What has your experience been to date?

Evidently quite simple to install.

Most of negative comments revolve around nut slap from the rebound.

I've had my Command Post for about a year now. Only issues i've had has been cables snaps, but thats usual wear and tear.

I'm not phased by having limited settings as i only require up and down.

It's very easy to service, i've pulled mine apart and serviced a few times already and it's a 10min job.

The post only sounds harsh when it rises, not damaging if it hits you. I've got mine set at 23Psi which is still pretty fast but soft if it does hit, still sounds harsh. I find that i am never low down toward the seat when its being raised, so nut cracking aint a big issue.

I've seen many complaints about the single bolt clamp and can honestly say that the saddle has only shifted once, in the beginning. I switch the post between 2 bikes and i often loosen and tighten the seat trick is to wiggle it hard when tight then tweak it tight again. Its all on the youtube service video.

I've purchased an extra lever kit for my other bike which costed half the price of the KS lever.

I bought the seat cause it was the best bang for my buck at the time and stock of other brands were non existent, it was the only seatpost with 125mm available which could be self serviced.

Still very happy with it.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my Command Post for about a year now. Only issues i've had has been cables snaps, but thats usual wear and tear.

I'm not phased by having limited settings as i only require up and down.

It's very easy to service, i've pulled mine apart and serviced a few times already and it's a 10min job.

The post only sounds harsh when it rises, not damaging if it hits you. I've got mine set at 23Psi which is still pretty fast but soft if it does hit, still sounds harsh. I find that i am never low down toward the seat when its being raised, so nut cracking aint a big issue.

I've seen many complaints about the single bolt clamp and can honestly say that the saddle has only shifted once, in the beginning. I switch the post between 2 bikes and i often loosen and tighten the seat trick is to wiggle it hard when tight then tweak it tight again. Its all on the youtube service video.

I've purchased an extra lever kit for my other bike which costed half the price of the KS lever.

I bought the seat cause it was the best bang for my buck at the time and stock of other brands were non existent, it was the only seatpost with 125mm available which could be self serviced.

Still very happy with it.

Can you do a major service on that post DIY at home? ie a complete rebuild?

Can you do a major service on that post DIY at home? ie a complete rebuild?

Can't really say. I have only opened up and the lower section where the bushings etc are located. I haven't opened the internals of the upper part of the switch pulley yet.

• 4 weeks later...

That split helmet is interesting.

That's what I thought... but they are going to have to make it look better in trail mode with the mouthpiece off IMHO.

• 2 months later...

Thomson Covert Dropper

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/07/14/thomson-covert-dropper-seatposts-now-shipping-new-stem-sizes-pop-up-too/

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/LH-Thomson-stealth-dropper-seatpost-27-2-option02-600x450.jpg

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/thomson-covert-stealth-dropper-post-600x400.jpg

Common - it would be awesome! Almost like starting an extra motor for the climbs.

Except when you forget to undo it. I forget which chainring I'm in :(

Thomson Covert Dropper

This is the best looking one of the lot by a mile! :thumbup:

This is the best looking one of the lot by a mile! :thumbup:

Oh that's only the half of what you'll see, the price is still to come!

Oh that's only the half of what you'll see, the price is still to come!

Pretty sure that the price will be the eye watering part! But I still want one, I've been a closet Thompson fan for a long time.

You gonna need to take some business cards to the next Wynberg school rugby match then. Your appt book must be full for the next two months by my calculations - and that includes Mondays!! :devil:

You gonna need to take some business cards to the next Wynberg school rugby match then. Your appt book must be full for the next two months by my calculations - and that includes Mondays!! :devil:

Ha ha, maybe I'll stop and do the manual dropper thing for a while longer, but I draw the line at Mondays!