Sani2C Entry

JFD

Sani2C entry fee increase over the last 4 years – what CPI figures do they use – must be the greed index

2010 R7 090

2011 R7 960 (+12.3%)

2012 R8 916 (+12%)

2013 R9 840 (+10.4%)

Be careful not to squeeze the hen that lay the golden eggs to hard…

It's still a bargin !

I guess you get what you pay for .

The clothing per team must be close to R4000.00 per team that they give you .

The route is superb , and I don't mind paying for the experience .

Sani2C entry fee increase over the last 4 years – what CPI figures do they use – must be the greed index

2010 R7 090

2011 R7 960 (+12.3%)

2012 R8 916 (+12%)

2013 R9 840 (+10.4%)

Sold out. All 3 events. In a few days. So still not high enough.

Like the Epic, started way too cheap and then needed bigger increases to make it worthwhile for the owner.

Economics 101. Demand outstrips supply by far, frankly they would be stupid not to increase the price by more than inflation, I would if I was them.

Question is - do people still think they get good value for money?

Without a doubt. This year we got at least 3k worth of clothing.

totally !!! got the entry and already paid. will be doing the booking for everything else a bit later.

totally !!! got the entry and already paid. will be doing the booking for everything else a bit later.

That's what I figured - seeing as I'm waitlisted for the 2nd year in a row :thumbdown:

Good question. I think the attrition rate is more a function of "been there, done that" than "it's not worth it anymore". My point being that anybody willing to part with R10k to partake in an event might want to try something different like Wild Coast, Tour de Tuli, W2W, etc. For those who haven't done it yet, it's a case of "I'll pay anything to do it". And so, as others have said above, demand will outstrip supply. Also bear in mind that participation slots went up by 73% this year (3 events with 750 teams compared to 2 events with 650 teams in 2011), whilst next year participation slots will decrease by 13%. So in absolute terms thet will be making less money next year than this year, and before inflation.

2010 R7 090

2011 R7 960 (+12.3%)

2012 R8 916 (+12%)

2013 R9 840 (+10.4%)

It's the best value for money race available -

Consider the clothing +/- R3k each rider

The constant supply of really good food

And the absolutely superb route - where esle can you get similar single track

Compare this to Epic - for what you get - Sani rules !!!

The figures can't be wrong - entries sold out in how many minutes ????

• 4 weeks later...

This will potentially be my first sani2c, are there separate waiting lists for the race,adventure trail, or is there just one waiting list? I'm wondering if i have decreased my chances of getting a spot by entering for the race?

Will be my second one next year. Might do one more after that and then give it a skip (aka loose my entry) and focus on another event.plan for next year is to move from the trail to the race

I'm on all 3 waiting lists (trail, race and adventure) - statistically this should slightly increase my minuscule chance to get an entry?

Next year will be my second one (race) and being able to participate in the race this year was an added bonus since I'm not even 20 yet. Granted that since I'm a student and have no income, I cannot complain about the entry fees. Well not unless my parents put me on a guilt trip for no apparent reason. But point being I think it's well worth it as I enjoyed every moment!

Will be my second one next year. Might do one more after that and then give it a skip (aka loose my entry) and focus on another event.plan for next year is to move from the trail to the race

I've done 2. Sure, it's a jol - but I've let it go to spend the bucks on other races. I don't think the route changes that much anymore, so i think it'll start getting a bit stale. Actually, it's halfway to a Joberg2C entry. Double the price for 3x the riding. Definitely a better bet.

Actually, it's halfway to a Joberg2C entry. Double the price for 3x the riding. Definitely a better bet.

I have been told joberg2c is the bomb :thumbup: