why do they still make 26 inch bikes if 29ers are clearly the way forward?

29er-norman

Brilliant movie that :thumbup:
Sure was :thumbup:
Have you watched the animated series? Also brilliant! Original characters doing the voices too!

I was told the same thing so I watched the movie. I pushed through to the end. My wife walked out after about 20 minutes. By the end I wanted to cut my wrists with a teaspoon...

Am I missing something here...?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told the same thing so I watched the movie. I pushed through to the end. My wife walked out after about 20 minutes. By the end I wanted to cut my wrists with a teaspoon...

yes. Gosh!

I've got nothing against either of the bike sizes, all I'm looking for is a bike that'll work for me.

I've got a 26er HT which I am in the process of selling as I cannot get the correct setup on the bike. ALL the LBS in CPT suggest that I go 29er due to my height, 1.8m. I really enjoy my 26er but I dont feel comfortable on the bike, I get the feeling of going to flip over the bars, feels a lot like being on a road bike, low down, agressive. Because of this I cannot really "push" myself/bike on trails.

Should I look at getting a different 26er frame as my current bike(3 months old) is leka specced, XT/SLX with Recon front end. I've tried different stems/seat posts but nothing helps.

My inner leg measurement in 90cm and my bike now is a Large(19").

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

What bike are you riding? Sounds to me that you may be on an xc bike and your preference is for a trail /am bike which has a geometry better suited to the upright position you are after. You can also try a different bar with a greater rise but these dont look too hot on a xc machine. At 1,8m and given your inner leg measurement the frame size seems ok, any bigger and you will stretch out even further. i think you are simply on the wrong type of bike.

Haha! Ratty, that's just 'cos the ground wanted to give you a hug...

hmm... the 2nd one I didn't hit the ground. first left hand corner at the top of never ending at Jonkers. Luckily I landed in some branches etc that had been cleared with my new baby on top (wouldn't want her to get scratched).

What bike are you riding? Sounds to me that you may be on an xc bike and your preference is for a trail /am bike which has a geometry better suited to the upright position you are after. You can also try a different bar with a greater rise but these dont look too hot on a xc machine. At 1,8m and given your inner leg measurement the frame size seems ok, any bigger and you will stretch out even further. i think you are simply on the wrong type of bike.

100%

if you're trying to bomb it on the trails, a 100mm travel XC racing machine won't cut it. It'll feel too jittery and "unsure" under you, and your confidence will flatline, leaving you sorta in the lurch. Sounds like you'd be very much more comfortable on a 120mm plus trail bike, like the Giant Trance, or even the Reign. Also options to consider would be a Turner 5-spot, Intense tracer, Commencal meta 5.5 and so on. In 29er guise, this would be something like a Santa Tallboy LT, or PYGA One-ten or similar.

If you still wanna go hardtail, then I'd go for something like a Cotic BFE (can take up to 160mm up front) or an On One with a longer travel fork. That's what I've done with my hardtail - effectively turned it into a trail / all mountain machine by upping the front travel to 120mm and getting bigger bars, while changing to 1x9 on the gearing. The XC bike style of "low and fast on everything but the downs" doesn't suit me. I prefer to bomb it on the downhills (or at least try to) and that needs a slightly more relaxed geometry...

You didn't vote for Pedro.

And of course that dance :thumbup:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FtbjIlTj3bQ/TSxeW8LuBnI/AAAAAAAAAPo/Uj1qmM7vFJY/s1600/wallpaper_napoleondance2.jpg

Here is a fantastic re-vamp of that dance .

:clap:

That dance did bring a tear to my eye! The bike jump was also a highlight as was the uncle making the home movie of himself throwing that football.

I suppose if you break it down to individual scenes it had it's moments but not enough for me to bust a gut!

That dance did bring a tear to my eye! The bike jump was also a highlight as was the uncle making the home movie of himself throwing that football.

I suppose if you break it down to individual scenes it had it's moments but not enough for me to bust a gut!

LOL forgot about the uncle, that was funny.

It was so good cause its so f#ckn stupid. :lol:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lvpa47ay1rb412ro1_500.gif

yeah, love the dance!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7i99cdxzL1ra7473o2_250.gif

but that's just it. When I watched it for the first time it was full of random awkward silences that make the viewer feel awkward themselves. But in retrospect one finds all sorts of funny parts and phrases!

Napoleon Dynamite is awesome ,but this was just super awesome :thumbup:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/priests-nacholibre-590x350.jpg