Wiggens vs Frooome on News 24

Vetseun

There was an article on News 24 this morning. Chris Froomes chick claims that it is a disgrace that CF was given orders to back off when he had BW by the nuts in the mountains. He could have ridden BW off his wheel but was instructed to back off . BW wife claims it was the right thing to do. It however begs the question.... did the best rider win Le Tour.

I suppose the team pays tthe salaries, so they call the shots. I remember the one year that Doper Armstrong won the tour they made the claim that any member of his team was good enough to have won. Team orders however dictated that Doper would win.

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggins was outclimbed by Froome on two occations yes - but Froome signed a contract with sky to help wiggins through the mountains not to moan like a little bitch.

Have a look at the amount of races Wiggins have won this season - a LOT he's in good form ( and got tired on 2 ascent so too did Nibali etc.) the only other three riders that has the palmares of wiggins this year is Sagan.Tommeke,Rodriguez.

Froomedog will get his day....

Team orders are team orders. Im not a big fan but Wiggo deserved the stage yesterday and proved why he is team leader The WAGs are acting like team managers.

I agree with Cavendish! He is superior to Wiggins in the mountains but he works for Sky and thus has a job to do. We all would have loved to see him up against Wiggins.

Looks like its his girlfriend who is doing the bitching and Froome probably is happy doing his job. Think she is making it difficult for him in the team if you ask me. Sky rode the perfect tour to take the win even if it mainly was defensive. This style has proved in history (last 10years probably) to be the best tactic to win the tour.

For me, no matter how much i dislike Wiggins or Cavendish, they are the superior team and deserves this win through and through

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Cav, Froome didn't bitch, his chick did. Froome could have won the tour, no doubt about it. And if he had a team working for him, even more so. I believe last year the same thing happened at the Tour Of Spain? Froome had to help Mutton Chops, and had the better legs.

Cav, Froome didn't bitch, his chick did. Froome could have won the tour, no doubt about it. And if he had a team working for him, even more so. I believe last year the same thing happened at the Tour Of Spain? Froome had to help Mutton Chops, and had the better legs.

'Mutton Chops' Lmao.

I think Wiggo is the better GC rider FOR THIS TdF.

Should Prudhomme follow tradition more closely with more mountains and summit finishes, then Froome Dog will be the superior rider.

Then again, it brings into play 'Berto, emerging Pinot and Taamarae.

Froome should keep his ho on a leash then.

Problem is wiggins will have to defend his title next year - cant be a workhorse for froome when you are the defending champ

Edited by Cavendish

Froome seems ok with the situation, he's GF & a few funs have a problem with it.

If Froome stays at Sky he'll still be the workhorse in 2013 & Wiggins will probably win it again.

Even if Frome went ahead on the mountains he would not,have made up the difference between 1st and 2nd place, the margin migh have been closer, but he certainly would not have won.

The same for Cavendish, he is so,far behind in the green jersey that he cannot blame the team for that, he however did take it without bitching about it and rspects the team en team leader, Wiggins will probably help Cav in the Olympics!

Even if Frome went ahead on the mountains he would not,have made up the difference between 1st and 2nd place, the margin migh have been closer, but he certainly would not have won.

The same for Cavendish, he is so,far behind in the green jersey that he cannot blame the team for that, he however did take it without bitching about it and rspects the team en team leader, Wiggins will probably help Cav in the Olympics!

true

To think that the lost 90 secs with a puncture in stage 1 and still made podium.

Eish!

Don't know about Froome not winning if he had free reign. I think we would have seen way more attacks on the mountain stages if Froome had a team working for him. In the end it is all speculation and he did a stellar job for Wiggins and i really think it is much appreciated! Super domestic

The press are making this out to be a bigger thing than it is, hasn't it been flogged to death already? And besides we honourable 'ubbers have posted lots of interviews and 'facts' here during the race. Sure there was a scenario, but the team plan was Brad 'The Wig' Wiggins, even Cav had to deal with that. Fantastic team work it must be said.

News 24 must be running out Malema / Winnie stories, trying to get a bit of mileage out of this at this late 'stage'

The political vibes are that Wiggins is 'more' British than Froome Dog who has childhood roots in Kenia and SA.

Not quite fitting of the tag of 'First British Rider to wear yellow into Paris'.

On another note,

Wiggo's father is Australian.

Interesting background.