Olympics Thread

Wyatt Earp

And some more...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/phelps-sister.gif

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Average speed of 63 kph over 750m from a standing start. That is seriously quick.

Sir Chris is a winner, 5th gold medal and he still cries during the anthem. What a man. Just awesome racing tonight.

Sir Chris deserves respect, but let's hope this is "lost in translation"…

Kiss of gold: Sir Chris Hoy equals Sir Steve Redgrave with FIFTH Olympic triumph - but victory is tainted as teammate admits he deliberately crashed to get them to final

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182930/London-2012-Olympics-Sir-Chris-Hoy-equals-Sir-Steve-Redgrave-FIFTH-Olympic-triumph.html#ixzz22S1vmGsy

Hinde's English seems pretty good, perhaps lost in translation means "we need to tell him to shut up and change his story before everyone realises we're cheats"...

deliberately throwing a game cannot be condoned as 'tactics".

So

• Chad "threw" a game, after qualifying for final in a different one, to focus on the latter.
  • x pulled up and only came second in Heat 1 of the 800m, to save her for the semi's, only to come 2nd again, saving for the finals, where she fires, breaking the world record, going 2seconds faster than best time in heats.
  • Bolt showboats for the world last 20 metres, instead of going all guns to go "better, faster"...

and all applauds, but if you use the rules, to plan your route to the final, then it is cheating.

Shame on the tennisplayer exploiting the opponent's weak backhand --> a sporty, viewer-friendly approach would have been to give her forehand returns as well, even knowing she's a killer in that...

So
  • Chad "threw" a game, after qualifying for final in a different one, to focus on the latter.
  • x pulled up and only came second in Heat 1 of the 800m, to save her for the semi's, only to come 2nd again, saving for the finals, where she fires, breaking the world record, going 2seconds faster than best time in heats.
  • Bolt showboats for the world last 20 metres, instead of going all guns to go "better, faster"...

and all applauds, but if you use the rules, to plan your route to the final, then it is cheating. Shame on the tennisplayer exploiting the opponent's weak backhand --> a sporty, viewer-friendly approach would have been to give her forehand returns as well, even knowing she's a killer in that...

There are so many flaws in your statement, it defies reason!

• Chad withdrew, nothing wrong with that. Did that not allow the next qualifier to compete in the final?
  • x pulled up, but will still compete against the SAME opponents in the final.
  • Bolt... same story as above.

neither of them affected the opponents they face in their next round.

Call me SIR !!!!!!

And he adds another tonight.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61968000/jpg/_61968565_sir_chris_hoy_getty.jpg

Talk about humble, this AFTER taking his 5th gold medal....

Sir Chris in the Telegraph this morning:

Typically, though, the Scot was his usual supremely modest self as he remained adamant afterwards that Sir Steve Redgrave cannot be topped as Britain’s greatest Olympian.

“What he has achieved will never be bettered in terms of five consecutive Games,” said Hoy. “I’m delighted that I’ve got five gold medals but does that mean I am a better athlete or have achieved as much as him.

“To even be mentioned in the same sentence as Steve Redgrave, you have got to pinch yourself. I watched him win his five gold medals and I used to do a bit of rowing myself. It’s kind that people are talking about me but Steve did it for five consecutive games in such a physically demanding sport.

“And then there was Bradley’s seven medals. He’s a superstar, he’s a megastar. I watched him on telly last night and he’s not just a good bike rider, he’s an entertaining bloke, a man of the people and just great.”

Rider 2 is not allowed to lead going into lap 2. This means they must be behind when they go over the line.

Now if only our hero Gerald the Cock could explain this. Prick.

at least it's not arnie.

What was up with the commentators when Chad beat Phelps? They just went on about Phelps rookie mistake. When Chad is about to receive his medal the male commentator said referring to Chad, "He cant believe his luck" but quickly changes his tune with "but it wasn't luck" and stutters like a little biatch...".

Chad out smarted and out raced Phelps.

(need to get this off me chest)

http://www.superspor...cs/video/176321

Just scrolled down to the comments below the video and turns out I am not the only one that is bothered by it.

Edited by YUMEYA

And some more...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/phelps-sister.gif

Looks like she is about to take a dump in her broeks.

Talk about humble, this AFTER taking his 5th gold medal....

Sir Chris in the Telegraph this morning:

Typically, though, the Scot was his usual supremely modest self as he remained adamant afterwards that Sir Steve Redgrave cannot be topped as Britain’s greatest Olympian.

“What he has achieved will never be bettered in terms of five consecutive Games,” said Hoy. “I’m delighted that I’ve got five gold medals but does that mean I am a better athlete or have achieved as much as him.

“To even be mentioned in the same sentence as Steve Redgrave, you have got to pinch yourself. I watched him win his five gold medals and I used to do a bit of rowing myself. It’s kind that people are talking about me but Steve did it for five consecutive games in such a physically demanding sport.

“And then there was Bradley’s seven medals. He’s a superstar, he’s a megastar. I watched him on telly last night and he’s not just a good bike rider, he’s an entertaining bloke, a man of the people and just great.”

The mark of a true champion.

Some more:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/phelps-2.gif

they really need more underwater cameras, because that is such a toilet angle...how about head on ones like stumpcam in cricket..there should be one on every swimmer in the middle 4 lanes.

Gold for Teddy Riner

http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/C7/EDACB29FD6323F61D7568A66A6E2_h498_w598_m2_cWDYOJOsi.jpg