Garmin Edge 500

Andymann

Thinking seriously of buying one of them seems like they are on special at Cyclelab. - Anyone care to comment - good/bad/indifferent?

Best upgrade I have ever done!!! You won't regret it one bit!

I was a polar man before....won't go back EVER again!

Had my little 500 for 2 years now. 30 000km.

Best upgrade I have ever done!!! You won't regret it one bit!

I was a polar man before....won't go back EVER again!

Had my little 500 for 2 years now. 30 000km.

+1 :thumbup:

Sure, I'll comment.

I forked out the cash for one having read comments here on the hub, and it's one of my fav pieces of kit.

I love being able to map my rides, and with different software extract cool data - it has added a new dimension to my riding and training.

I have only one regret... That I couldn't afford the 800; it would be complete overkill for me, but I dig it big time.

Had the 500 & loved it, then got the 800 and love it even more !!!

bikeinn.com was the cheapest some time back.

Had the 500 & loved it, then got the 800 and love it even more !!!

bikeinn.com was the cheapest some time back.

Tell me why you love the 800 even more... Twist my rubber arm

As Cyeclewizz mentioned....bikeinn.com is a little bike shop in Spain.

Got good service from them....

Agreed it is very cool. Just one thing I am having a problem with is getting the GSC10 to work properly witht he unit. As soon as I add it, it messes with how the distance is calculated, speed reading etc. When riding 30Km's it gives ridiculous readings like 8km. When i switch it off it works fine. Not sure if I am setting it up properly. Any ideas or advice?

Agreed it is very cool. Just one thing I am having a problem with is getting the GSC10 to work properly witht he unit. As soon as I add it, it messes with how the distance is calculated, speed reading etc. When riding 30Km's it gives ridiculous readings like 8km. When i switch it off it works fine. Not sure if I am setting it up properly. Any ideas or advice?

Yes, use it only as a cadence sensor, in other words, remove the spoke magnet and let the GPS do the job it was intended for.

Ive been riding like that forever.

Had a Polar 725x for 4 years and I had endless crap with average HR's of 250, and could not get an answer from Polar. Had my 500 now for a year and not 1 days crap. I got mine on www.easybike.co.za last year at an incredible price.

Thinking of getting the 910xt from Bikeinn, cheaper than most other places.