Pro Classic Series - Western Cape Spring League

andydude

The Paardeberg "circuit" race is harder than most races on the calender, therefore in my eyes it's a proper "race". If they replicate that with another "circuit" race, it will mean that there's 4 races, 1 kermesse and 1 hill climb.

I agree maybe the communication is not the best and people make other plans so to just move races around is not the best, but I'm sure they're trying their best. The Worcester race cancellation is not their fault.

I still think the League is a great initiative, although you can't keep everyone happy all the time.

People are losing the whole point of league, I would love to have a circuit race, etc every weekend...the aim of league is to expose people to racing, to help them improve and push themself and maybe become a top cyclist. League is an added bonus, they could always just let people start from A and so on....it wont improve the cycling as it will be a fun ride. By having league people get exposed to racing and this is what SA needs. I dont want my money back, I want to participate in the league event and improve my cycling and who knows, maybe there is someone in the bunch who can end up going to Europe building an career....thus is why league is the perfect starting point.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to clear up something re the circuit races.

they are not criteriums, the Paardeberg circuit race is over 80 kms for the senior scholars and 105 kms for the elite /vet races. the reason for them being described as a circuit race is that it takes in 2 circuits of a 40 k loop and 1 of a 25 loop.

the atlantis circuit is a 7.7 km long loop and all races are 77 kms.

Thanks for this info, It looks much more attractive to me now.

Hi,

Does anyone have map and route profile for Voorpaardeberg?

Same old same old WP champs circuit

Starting at the arrow, in a anti-clockwise direction, two of the big laps and then one small lap (the left half)

post-4352-0-12155100-1347184101.jpg

post-4352-0-51537000-1347184097.jpg

Starts at the primary school again right?

Right........

i hear there are over 200 entries across the categories.

Looks like i can't take part in it because i am new to ppa and don't have a seeding. Is there not a group for 'fun riders' or people like me ?

Too much hassle with this Spring League in my opinion, that is why I will rather wait for Summer. R990 for 2 proper races, a couple of circuits and a hill climb is not my idea of fun.

Pity, A T.

Was looking forward to hanging with the SL4 in the bunch.

:mellow:

Pity, A T.

Was looking forward to hanging with the SL4 in the bunch.

:mellow:

I think A.T is scared of the Dale....lol!

I find this is a perfect entry into league as Summer is for the mountain goats so atleast you would have a better fitness by then...

Looks like i can't take part in it because i am new to ppa and don't have a seeding. Is there not a group for 'fun riders' or people like me ?

You must progress then on the PPA seeding system, Leg Breaker.

Start racing, pick up your road racing skills there and kick some azzzz, then get to the appropriate seeding to enter League.

I think A.T is scared of the Dale....lol!

I find this is a perfect entry into league as Summer is for the mountain goats so atleast you would have a better fitness by then...

I'm more of a mountain goat.

So, will hold on to rear wheels during the roller fest season, JB.

See you in the mix with your FFWD hoops.

Right........

i hear there are over 200 entries across the categories.

Well, after some start-up issues in Spring 2012, let's roll!!

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CORVOS_00019894-030-copy.jpg

Too much hassle with this Spring League in my opinion, that is why I will rather wait for Summer. R990 for 2 proper races, a couple of circuits and a hill climb is not my idea of fun.

what do you consider a 'proper race'

By far the best Race the WP can offer, no shelter from the wind and rolling hills. I could race on these roads every weekend.

By far the best Race the WP can offer, no shelter from the wind and rolling hills. I could race on these roads every weekend.

Are you going to ride or take photos?