SA Ladies Cycling Team to NZ....Whats goi

Johnny B

I think we should vote on who talks the most sense and had the most constructive comments...

My vote goes to SPINNEKOP and BREEZE. CSA could actually learn something out of your common sense.

The initial question was why is Chrissie in the team, since she hasn't been around for the last 7 months. Now I believe you are only as good as the last race you've raced but Chrissie rode the Telkom satellite and dropped from the bunch. So why send her if there are more deserved riders like for instance: Robyn de Groot or Janine Binneman who shaped well if you look up results on the net.

Seeing that CSA is clearly not interested in a training camp I reckon this would be the next best criteria to follow???

Spinnekop I like your breakdown of the different riders. Seems like you are quite informed.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 pages of pure dribble.

Why can't you just be proud that there is a 'team' of cyclists assembled to represent your country?

Morne Blignaut was the only SA rider at recent World Cup rounds.

Why don't you knock yourselves out figuring out who else should have gone and why no-one else was there!

20 pages of pure dribble.

Why can't you just be proud that there is a 'team' of cyclists assembled to represent your country?

Morne Blignaut was the only SA rider at recent World Cup rounds.

Why don't you knock yourselves out figuring out who else should have gone and why no-one else was there!

Easy question!!!

Becaust this thread is "SA Ladies Cycling team to NZ.

Should someone had a problem with Mr. Blignaut going alone, they would have opened a thread of their own. 

Easy hey?

Back to the topic.

Latrinus?  Groot Lem?

Wa julle keybords??

Wie het hierdie span gekies en hoekom?  Is daar nou weer favourites gekies oor wie die baas se slippers aandra instede van wie hulle fietse kan trap??

Gooi bietjie 'n toorts op die onderwerp?!!Big%20smile

I have got a nasty suspicion that the root cause of the problem may be that CSA sucks!! It would answer all the questions asked here' date=' and some others:

1. Why was XYZ not included?   Because CSA sucks.

2. Why no training camp or critera for ladies? Because CSA sucks.

3. Why did Ronel retire? Because CSA sucks.

4. Why was the wrong list anounced? Because CSA sucks.

etc.

Perhaps this should be the answer to life, the univers & everything on the Hub insterad of 47?
[/quote']

Load shedding ?? because CSA Sucks? LOL

Naturally it's also 'easy' to criticise people behind their backs when they are not able to defend themselves.

To everyone who took part in this slagging, perhaps instead your time might have been better spent reading the news about the Scottish cyclist killed on the road. How many people bothered? 47!

Life is too short for this s...t.

I'm out of here Disapprove

Is it not a shame that we once again put the blame onto CSA when after last year's debarcle about CSA officials we had the opportunity of righting the situation and NOBODY not even our provincial chairperson's justified the vote of "no confidence" in CSA at the JHB meeting when they were given the opportunity to do so.

Remember CSA is there to represent your sport and you, this they do on a voluntary basis as well. Stop pointing fingers and do a better job yourself if you are man enough.

We have some people within CSA that are trying their utmost to change systems and mindsets yet they do not get the right support from us the cyclists.

I hope and pray our COO has his contract extended( expires May) so that he can continue doing what is best for the cyclist.Give Breeze and Co the support they need to bring change from within and make yourselves available on your provincial bodies so that your voice can be heard and actioned as well.

Be robust in your opinions but respect opinions of others as well it is senseless shooting down others opinions because they differ from you.

the answer is actually 42' date=' not 47[/quote']

Yes, but the question was not how many Cannondales do you ownBig%20smile

I know, from the Hitchikers guide....Wink

Hey Delgado - lucky I do not have an 'onion' Wink so am saved from the flaying!
oops!! thanks..... it was meant to read opinion.....

So much for opinions!!!

Read my signature and weep! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

AgreSleepyed.....some are just more informed than others!! especially the ones conceived at the Libertas Hotel on a Saturday night.......

In Olympic year and the joke continues.marissa yes and who ever her team mate will be in beijing . As for the rest - common , ok Cherise for the experience , but lets give the new generation an opportunity to race in New Zealand . the others have proved over and over they can't compete on the international playing field .   [8(]

Hoekom moet julle altyd baklei, los maar CSA uit, wat hulle doen kan ons nie oor besluit nie, hulle het hulle keuses, net soos rugby en krieket, die bulle soek die hele bul span as springbokke, mense verskul en mense mag se as hulle nie van iemand hou nie. So as iemand nie van Chrissie hou nie, so what, Cruxi wil altyd baklei oor sulke goed. Dis 'n sterk span en good luck vir hulle. Kan ons net nie mekaar lief he nie, is dit nie tog waaroor die lewe gaan nie, mmm?

I didnt read 20 pages, you know Chrissie is not in the team? Its Robyn de Groot. Everyone happy now? The road commisioner, oom Bart het die verkeerde lys vir Lawrence gegee om te sign. Maybe he must go back to school.

Dear Affiliates,

Please note we left off Dean Edwards in the World View National Team, our apology for the oversight.

Kind  regards
Sylvia Dale
General Manager

Dear Affiliates,

Herewith announcement of Teams:

Tour of New Zealand:
Manager:  Bart Harmse

Team:
Marissa Van Der Merwe
Lynette Burger
Robyn De Groot
Yolandi Du Toit
Cherise Taylor

Tour dates:     27th Feb to 3rd March Wellington New Zealand

Tour of Egypt:
At the moment there is no certainty that this tour is going ahead.  Egypt will confirm later in the week.

Manager:        Hendrik Wagener
Mechanic:       Melvin Claasen
Physio:         Alister Petersen

Team:
Chris Willemse
Lothando Kaka
Michael Sowerby
Johannes Kachelhoffer
James Ball
Travis Allan

World View National Team:
Manager:        Tony Harding
Mechanic:       Melvin Claasen
Physio:         Alister Peterson

Team:
Chris Willemse
Garth Thomas
Michael Pepper
Gary Rabie
Michael Sowerby
Jean Paul Pearton

If Tour of Egypt goes ahead Willemse and Sowerby gets replaced for the last day with Adrian Maaske and Max Knox.

Intakatech Development Team:
Manager:        Riaan Koegelenberg
Mechanic:       Henry Scheepers

Team:
Hendri Whitehead
Lawrence Mashlongo
Stanley Namanyna
Verdi Farao
Michael Robinson
Duncan Viljoen
Michael Van Staden
Reinhardt J/V Rensburg.

Kind  regards
Sylvia Dale
General Manager

wel Robyn is darem baie aantreklik om na te kyk, wil iemand nie bietjie pics van haar op die hub sit nie toe asb

Sernoche1 i don't know where you've been but in China last may the SA girls beat Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands and USA to come 4th overall missing out on 3rd place with 1 second.  And who was 4th? CHRISSIE.

I think somebody threw their toys out their cot and that is why Chrissie got kicked off the team but i am willing to put money on this that Chrissie will finish in front of all the "FAVORITES" in every race this year!!