ABSA poor service

Help.Me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have had good service from absa, have only ever banked with them ever since the UBS days.

Last time in SA they (the tellers and consultant) were very helpful and I find their internet banking facilities good enough for what I need. FICA is was a bit of a nightmare with them, but for an expat I suspect it is the same with the other SA banks as well.

BUT I’m seriously worried that 2 things have had a negative effect on the management side of things and slowly but surely the foundations are starting to crumble…. BEE and Barclays

BEE – For obvious reasons, to many people who want the pay cheque but cannot do the job.

Barclays – ABSA’s banking costs (bank charges) started skyrocketing after Barclays involvement and the focus seems to be more on expanding internationally (Africa).

Question:

Do any SA banks offer full online banking via mobile phone yet?

Absa has a complaints line, call them lodge a complaint get a ref no and you should receive a prompt response.(if you don't, lodge another and continue until you do)

I had to make use of this twice and each time my problem was quickly and efficiently resolved.

Edited by Fats

I also moved from Absa to FNB, not one complaint ever from FNB..i'm a very happy customer so far :)

Edited by Warrior Princess

Thinking Investec or FNB, sick and tired of ABSA's rubbish service and astronomical fees

Go Investec, got a email last night from them that they not increasing there fix monthly fees, more than what company A do annually?

Personally I have had good service from absa, have only ever banked with them ever since the UBS days.

Last time in SA they (the tellers and consultant) were very helpful and I find their internet banking facilities good enough for what I need. FICA is was a bit of a nightmare with them, but for an expat I suspect it is the same with the other SA banks as well.

BUT I’m seriously worried that 2 things have had a negative effect on the management side of things and slowly but surely the foundations are starting to crumble…. BEE and Barclays

BEE – For obvious reasons, to many people who want the pay cheque but cannot do the job.

Barclays – ABSA’s banking costs (bank charges) started skyrocketing after Barclays involvement and the focus seems to be more on expanding internationally (Africa).

Question:

Do any SA banks offer full online banking via mobile phone yet?

I dont know, good question.

As far as I am concerned most of the big 4 are much of a muchness and personally I would be hollering blue murder down the phone if they stopped my card because it was a few hundred over its limit, so maybe they thought they were doing the client a favor, but I see the other side as well.

When I was young I popped into the bank and spoke to a real live manager (who I knew by name and saw daily in the shops, and the restaurant on Fridays) and we sat in his office and discussed my requirements, then he said Sure, he can do this or no he cant do that, we shook hands and it was done, today its all changed, I haven't been into my branch for years, I dont know the manager, everything has to go to some nameless, faceless "headoffice" for approval, I conduct everything on line, and I just think its impersonal and nondescript.

I miss the old banking days.!

FNB have their own app.

Ok thanks

Soon their will be 2.... banks with their own app for internet banking

No not absa

I miss the old banking days.!

Standing in queues every Saturday morning in the town / city main street instead of at the nearest Mall did have its advantages…I think ... yes I was a lot younger... :whistling:

Standing in queues every Saturday morning in the town / city main street instead of at the nearest Mall did have its advantages…I think ... yes I was a lot younger... :whistling:

:lol: - Ha, Ha, Yeah, I remember that.

I am with Standard Bank and am in the process of moving to FNB.

Standard Bank seem more like a comedy outfit than a bank to me. My sense of humour has run dry though. All of the jokes were on me in the end. But I'll have the last laugh in a couple of weeks.

The nightmare of changing all the debt orders.........how did you people that moved experienced it ? was their any costs involved ?

The nightmare of changing all the debt orders.........how did you people that moved experienced it ? was their any costs involved ?

Piece of cake with FNB. Fill out a form with a list of all the D/Os, send back to FNB and they sort out the transfers for you. No costs involved. Just make sure you have enough money in old account as sometimes the change in D/O may take more than a month to take effect (depends on the provider's billing cycle).

Ok thanks Soon their will be 2.... banks with their own app for internet banking No not absa

Standard Bank have an app too.